How To Apply For A Study Visa For Germany?
Germany is one of the most popular and preferred nations to study overseas, especially for Indian students. It's because of its affordable, high-quality education and high salary packages for graduates. To study in Germany, you need a study or student visa.Do you know what the requirements are for a German student visa? Do you know about the documents needed to apply for the study visa? If your answer is "No" to the above questions, this blog is for you.
Read the blog completely and get all details regarding the German student visa.
How to Apply for German Visa for an Indian Student?
To apply for a German student visa, you must contact your nearest German Embassy or consulate. You can get the German Diplomatic Missions' addresses on the Federal Foreign Office's website, which also covers details on the documents you require. In addition, you can usually directly download the application forms and any mandatory documents from the websites of the Diplomatic Missions.You can apply for a student visa if you have already been accepted into a German college or university. Students admitted to a higher education institution, or preparatory college will require access for study purposes. The study visa is usually issued for three months, within which they have to apply for a residence allowance from the foreigners' office in the nation.
If you are still waiting for your Acceptance Letter or have to write an entrance exam, we recommend you apply for a prospective student visa (valid for three months), allowing you to obtain the requirements for admission to a college or university. You can extend it for six months if you need more time. If you are admitted to a higher education provider or preparatory college, you can request a residence permit for study purposes.
Please Note: It can sometimes take months for a permit to be issued, so we recommend you apply as early as possible, even if you have yet to be accepted to a college or university. You can request a prospective student visa and change it to a residence permit after entering Germany. However, you cannot convert a tourist visa to a student visa later.
We also recommend getting expert assistance from a student visa consultant, no matter how many times you have applied for permits, as it's a complicated process, which the experts can make more straightforward and increase your chances of approval.
What are the Requirements for Student Visa in Germany?
To apply for a German student visa, you will require two copies of completed national visa application forms with your passport. You also need recent passport photographs and proof of admission at a German college or university. Students also need evidence of German and English language proficiency with previous academic transcripts. You will also need a CV and proof of funds. Students requesting a German Student Visa must also have a motivational letter and proof that they paid the visa application fee. Please note that married students also need to submit a marriage certificate.
What Documents are required for Germany Student Visa?
You must submit a few documents to apply for a German student visa. You should consult the official website to get detailed information. To request a German student Visa, you need the following documents.
- Valid passport: You will need a legal passport with all your details and a photo ID card. Please ensure that your passport is up to date and legal for the year you apply for the visa. Your passport must not also expire before you return to your home nation.
- Proof of health insurance: If you wish to study in Germany, you require health insurance. International students don't get permission to enrol at German universities and colleges without it, so we recommend you get one as early as possible. It offers the certainty that you don't have to pay privately for healthcare and medical conditions in case of an accident or illness.
- Proof of sufficient funds: To obtain a German study visa, you must submit proof of financial resources, guaranteeing that you can afford the expenses of studying in the nation. Since January 2021, the authorities expect you to show monthly funds of 861 Euros. The presumed yearly requirement you must pay into your blocked account when requesting a visa amounts to 11,208 Euros from the following year. Acceptable forms of proof include proof of parental income, an allocated amount on the blocked account, or evidence of a recognised scholarship receipt.
- Records of previous study and language skills: The teaching language in most German universities and colleges is German. Therefore you need sufficient language skills to study in the nation. You can prove your language skills by scoring good points on the German language test, such as the TestDaF. You also must submit your previous academic transcripts.
- Letter of Acceptance: You will need to submit a letter of acceptance from your German university or college if it applies to the visa guidelines you request.
- A recognised higher education entrance qualification: You will need a recognised higher education entrance qualification if you apply for a prospective student visa.
- A health certificate: You may need a health certificate. It is required in some federal states, where the authorities demand that persons entering Germany from specific nations submit a health certificate indicating certain medical conditions before issuing a residence permit.
Germany Study Visa Requirements for Indian Students
As an Indian student applying for a German student visa, you must submit a health insurance certificate with three passport-size photos and a passport. Proof of covered finances and a letter of admission is also a must. You will also need academic transcripts, English proficiency proof, a residence permit fee, and an APS certificate.
Best Reasons to Study in Germany for Indian Students
Germany has a strong economy and is one of the most preferred and popular nations for Indian students wanting to study in Europe. Its education system is renowned for its high quality and seriousness. The country also has one of Europe's best graduate starting salaries at approximately 40,650 Euros. Furthermore, your German student visa allows you to work for 20 hours part-time per week during your term and get full-time employment during holidays. It also doubles as a Schengen Visa, allowing you to go to any European country.
We hope that you got a clear understanding of the post-study work visa in Germany. Got any questions for us? Get in touch with AECC and get satisfactory answers.
If you feel stuck anywhere during your application process, you can contact AECC. We have expert professionals and counsellors to help you throughout your application process. Right from researching the best universities and courses to visa guidance, we have all your needs covered. Feel free to contact us for free assistance!