How to Apply for University in USA?
The United States of America has the most significant economic reserve, best military, flawless administrative system, and superior cultural impact. Resident to the highest outbound students globally, America tops the list of every study abroad aspirant. Some know it for its excellent education system, while others for its diverse ethnicities. Moreover, what it offers, increases the number of students moving into the nation for higher education. Plus, it has some of the top-ranked universities worldwide sums it all up.
How to Apply for University in USA?
Step 1: You must select whether you wish to join in the spring, summer, or fall intake. Each joining bracket has its advantages and disadvantages, so select carefully before applying. You also need to check the deadlines, which vary from university to university, so we advise you to apply as early as possible.
Step 2: Jot down a list of 8 to 10 universities. We recommend this step because the selection criteria are demanding in most American universities; thus, you can increase your chances of getting selected.
Here's what you should consider when shortlisting a university.
- It should have the course or degree of your choice.
- The fees must be affordable. You should also check for scholarships and other financial aid available.
- Location, size, infrastructure, and student experience are also good factors.
Here we have listed the ten best universities for your reference.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Stanford University.
- Harvard University.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
- The University of California, Berkeley.
- Yale University.
- The University of California Los Angeles.
- Princeton University.
- The University of Chicago.
- Johns Hopkins University.
Still, suppose you can't figure out some universities for yourself. In that case, AECC Global can help you shortlist the best universities as per your needs and interests.
Step 3: Next, you need to fill out an application form. You can receive it online at the university's website or your local educational advising centre. Please fill it out carefully to avoid delays in the application process. We at AECC Global can check and correct (if needed) your application form to make sure that there are no unnecessary problems after submitting it.
Step 4: Now, you must collect documents that prove the legitimacy of the details in your form and other supporting documents. Here's a list for your reference.
- Academic transcripts.
- Previous institution results.
- English language proficiency tests scorecards such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- CV or resume.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree for PG.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letters of Recommendation (LORs).
- SAT or ACT entrance exam scores.
- GRE, LSAT, MCAT, or GMAT for PG courses.
- Research proposal or portfolio for specific PG degrees.
- Work experience letters (if any).
- Certificates of co-curricular activities.
- Proof of funds.
- Application confirmation copy.
Please note that these documents may vary from university to university, and it was a general idea. AECC Global can help you gather the proper documents for each university to make the admission process faster.
Step 5: This next step is an easy but repetitive part. You need to go to each university's website and sign up to submit your application form. Each university will have specific instructions that you need to follow to register successfully. If you doubt any part of the registration process, ask our expert.
Step 6: Some universities might request a WES evaluation, a standard evaluation of your mark sheet, to ensure that you have the mindset and knowledge to study in the USA. Please note that a WES evaluation costs around 100 to 160 USD, which is equivalent to 7500 to 11800 INR, and it may take up to 2 months. So we would advise you to start applying as soon as possible and not at the last moment before the deadline.
Step 7: After submitting all the requested documents, you need to pay the academic fee as instructed by the university. Your academic fees include but is not limited to tuition fees, application fees, books fee, etc.
Step 8: If everything is successful, you can apply for an F-1, J-1, or M-1 Student Visa as per your course details. Otherwise, you can try again next year, in the next intake, or plead your case with the university. For more information, contact our expert.
Step 9: Done.
Do you have any doubts regarding this content? Then, ask all your study abroad-related questions and get the best solutions from our experts at AECC Global.