Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
Petroleum Engineering mainly focuses on producing Hydrocarbons, which can be crude oil or natural gas. The primary sectors of the oil and gas industry are Exploration and Production. Today, we will share how you can do a Master's in petroleum engineering in New Zealand.
Every year around 2000 people graduate with this degree. Petroleum Engineering is the highest paying bachelor's level degree out there. According to the pay scale, you start around $92,000 per year, and mid-career pay $182,000. In comparing that to a very high and a very low-paying degree, you see that this is the number one paying degree by a mile now. If you become a petroleum engineer, you will make around $137.000 a year, which is $66 an hour.
So, you have decided to do petroleum engineering. Now the next question that comes to your mind is where can I start my career in Chemical Engineering. The answer is New Zealand because it is considered the best place to do your engineering.
Table of Contents
- Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand: Course Highlights
- Why Study Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand?
- Top Universities for Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
- Cost to Studying Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
- Cost of Living in New Zealand
- Eligibility Criteria to Study Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
- Exams Required to Study Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
- Scholarships to Study Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
- Job Opportunities After Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
- How to Apply for Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand?
Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand: Course Highlights
|Course||Bachelor’s in Petroleum Engineering|
|Duration of Course||4 years|
|Eligibility||Passed the Class 12 test with a core of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from an accredited board. A minimum grade of 60%.|
|Entrance exam||JEE Main, BITSAT, VITEEE, UPESDAT, etc.|
|Tuition Fees||$188.14 - 2508.54 | INR 15,000 - 2,00,000|
|Average Salary||$6271.36 - 25085.44 | INR 500000 - 2000000|
Why Study Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand?
- Open the door to a plethora of employment possibilities: Building bridges and structures are just one aspect of engineering. Engineers work in various fields, from building and installing metal railings, boilers, and aircraft parts to creating computer programs and smartphone applications. So if you study engineering in New Zealand, you'll have a lot of job options to pick from.
- Learn in a hands-on, practical learning atmosphere: The inventiveness and creativity of New Zealanders are celebrated. The world's first spring-free trampoline, the bungee, the zorb, and the Hamilton jet boat were all created by Kiwis. Kiwi ingenuity is also the driving force behind Para Sea Anchors, a project by Fitzroy Engineering that created a 450-tonne restaurant to sit underwater on a coral reef. A world-leading company, Rocket Lab, whose technology aims to launch small satellites into orbit at a fraction of the current industry prices!
Engineering education in New Zealand strongly emphasises this same practical, hands-on approach. Your teachers will inspire you to think critically, independently, and creatively.
- Obtain a top-notch education in a beautiful setting: The quality of engineering education in New Zealand is quite good; according to the most recent QS rankings of international universities, the Civil and Structural Engineering programs offered by the Universities of Auckland and Canterbury are among the top 100 in the world.
You should also consider that you'll study in a stunning region with a wide range of outdoor activities, like sailing, mountain biking, and rock climbing.
- Obtain a status that is respected worldwide: Engineering New Zealand approves most New Zealand engineering programs, the country's professional engineering association, as fulfilling internationally recognised standards. This implies that you will obtain an engineering education of the highest calibre, acknowledged worldwide.
A total of 35 engineering programs from 21 different educational institutions have received accreditation from Engineering New Zealand. From two-year engineering diplomas to four-year engineering degrees, they are available. You may learn which engineering programs are accredited on the Engineering New Zealand website.
Top Universities for Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
|S.NO.||University Name||Courses||QS World Ranking||City|
|1||The University of Auckland||B.E. / B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech||68th||Auckland|
|2||University of Canterbury||B.E. / B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech||258th||Canterbury|
|3||Victoria University of Wellington||B.E. / B.Tech, M.E./M. Tech||236th||Wellington|
Cost to Studying Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
International master's students pay NZ$26,000–37,000 (about US$17,660–25,100) in annual fees, compared to NZ$5,000–10,000 for domestic students. Overseas PhD students pay the same tuition as domestic students, which for the majority of areas ranges from NZ$6,500 to 9,000 (US4,400 to 6,100) per year.
|S.NO||University Name||Course||Duration||Tuition Fees in INR & NZD|
|1||The University of Auckland||B.E. / B.Tech (6 courses)||3-4 years||INR 2328.21K | NZ$ 46.55K|
|2||University of Canterbury||B.E. / B.Tech (6 courses)||3-4 years||INR 2328.21 | NZ$ 46.55K|
|3||Victoria University of Wellington||B.E. / B.Tech (4 courses)||3-4 years||INR 1683.01K | NZ$ 33.95K|
Cost of Living in New Zealand
For their higher education, the current generation counts New Zealand among the modern options. The cause is New Zealand's educational institutions' adoption of contemporary technologies and new age opportunities.
Without factoring in rent, a single individual's average monthly cost of living in New Zealand is 1,400 NZD (980 USD). It costs 4,500 NZD (3150 USD) each month for a family of four. Whether you choose to reside in the city centre or a little outside, it will affect your rental expenses which city you choose.
|List of Expenses||Amount in INR & NZD (Per year basis)|
|Food||INR 744276.92 | NZD 14,965|
|Clothing||INR 24570.84 | NZD 494.04|
|Rent (1BHK)||INR 30436932.44 | NZD 611988.2|
|Transportation||INR 2764716.47 | NZD 55589.5|
|Others||INR 5022.19 | NZD 100.98|
|TOTAL||INR 33975518.86 | NZD 683,137.72|
Eligibility Criteria to Study Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
- Should pass the class 12 test with a Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics score from an accredited board.
- A minimum grade of 60%. Degree in BE/B.
- Tech in the same specialisation with a minimum CPI of 6.5, 60 per cent of the possible points, or a First Class in the prerequisite degree.
Exams Required to Study Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
|Name of the University||Accepted Exams||Minimum Band Requirement|
|The University of Auckland||Bachelor||59%|
|University of Canterbury||Doctorate||50%|
|Victoria University of Wellington||Bachelor||64%|
Scholarships to Study Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
|S.NO||Scholarship Name||Description||Eligibility||Amount in INR & NZD|
|1||International Excellence Scholarship 2022||For Bachelor's and Master's degrees in any of the university's programs, an international excellence scholarship is available in 2022.||1) International students are welcome.
2) Not a University student.
3) Students must be self-supporting.
|INR 994408.43 | NZD 20,000|
|2||Universities New Zealand Spark Scholarship||colleges in New Zealand Spark Scholarships are available for bachelor's degrees in any of the university's subject areas. Applying for this scholarship is available here.||1) Must be female.
2) The rewards might be combined with the scholarships.
|INR 399047.28 | NZD 149752.50|
|3||Fisheries New Zealand Scholarships 2022||Fisheries New Zealand Scholarships 2022 are available for undergraduate and graduate study in all areas of study offered at the university. Applying for this scholarship is available here.||1) The applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand.
2) You must inform Fisheries New Zealand if you hold any additional scholarships.
|INR 1596229.38 | NZD 32104.10|
|4||Engineering International Scholar Award||The Engineering International Scholar Award is available to students who have earned a bachelor's degree in the sciences or engineering.||1) they must be beginning their first year in any of the faculty's programs.
2) must attend a secondary school outside of Canada.
3) Must have shown leadership
|INR 1596310.71 | NZD 32105.10|
Job Opportunities After Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand
As you know, petroleum engineering is a rapidly growing field in New Zealand. So there are several career options in this field. The varied topography of New Zealand also makes it a great place to test drilling and exploration techniques.
|Job Profile||Salary in INR & NZD|
|Petroleum Engineer||INR 8794553.17 | NZD 176,830|
|Project Manager||INR 6607482.13 | NZD 132855.08|
|Petroleum Geologist||INR 12922124.99 | NZD 259822.11|
How to Apply for Masters In Petroleum Engineering In New Zealand?
Step 1: Research and shortlist a Kiwi university offering this Course per your needs and career goals.
Step 2: Visit the University's official website and fill out an application form on the desired course page.
Step 3: You must submit all the requested documents and pay a non-refundable application fee.
Step 4: If the university selection board approves your application, you can apply for a Kiwi student visa.
Want to get into one of the best universities in New Zealand for Masters in Petroleum Engineering? AECC Global India is here for you. Our expert will guide you to get admission into your desired New Zealand university. So contact us today and fulfil your study in New Zealand dreams.
AECC Global is one of the world's leading educational consultancies with versatile expert professionals ready to help you with any queries you may have. Contact us so we can be of assistance to you in your journey to achieving your dream.