AECC's Insights for your study abroad journey
Canada is one of the most sought-after places for higher studies and settling down. It is known for its world-class education at an affordable fee structure. Many students across the world apply for different courses in Canada every year. Canadian Universities and Colleges offer many diploma courses in various disciplines with a nominal fee structure.
Apart from the affordable fee structure, there are many other advantages of pursuing diploma courses from Canada. Canadian Universities allow students to work while studying to explore and earn their pocket money along with their studies. Moreover, students can also pursue these diploma courses while continuing with their full-time degrees.
If you are impressed with these benefits of studying in Canada and are looking for the best Canadian colleges to pursue your higher education, this article is undoubtedly for you. So, without any further dues, let's read more to get in-depth knowledge about the diploma courses in Canada.
Table of Contents
- Types of Diploma in Canada
- Undergraduate Diploma Courses in Canada
- Post Graduate Diploma Courses in Canada
- Best Diploma Courses in Canada
- List of Diploma Courses in Canada
- Top Diploma Colleges in Canada
- Diploma Courses in Canada: Eligibility Criteria
- Diploma Courses in Canada: Admission Process
Leading Education Consultants that has assisted 55000+ students this year!
Contact AECC today!
Types of Diploma in Canada
Diploma courses are short-term academic certifications that provide complete and practical knowledge regarding any profession.
There are TWO Types of Diploma Courses offered in Canada:
- Undergraduate Diploma Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma Courses
Undergraduate Diploma Courses in Canada
You can pursue undergraduate diploma courses after completing your schooling.
These diploma courses are available in various streams like:
- Hotel Management
- Media Technology
- Fashion Designing
- Interior Designing
They are divided into two parts, i.e., regular and advanced.
Regular undergraduate diplomas are 2-year courses that offer specialization in a particular field. On the other hand, the course duration of an advanced diploma is three years. Advanced diploma courses also provide the advantage of internship opportunities to brush up your skills by working on practical scenarios.
Post Graduate Diploma Courses in Canada
Students who want to pursue post-graduate diploma courses after graduation can opt for post-graduate diploma courses. The time duration of these courses is 1-2 years.
1-year PG diploma courses enhance your skills and professional abilities. On the other hand, 2-year PG diploma courses offer the benefit of 3-year work stay back opportunity.
Must Read: PG Diploma Courses
Best Diploma Courses in Canada
Some of the top-notch diploma courses are listed below:Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in IT
- Diploma in Economics
- Diploma in Data Science
- Diploma in Marketing & Public Relations
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Graphic Designing
- Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
1. Diploma in Engineering
A diploma in engineering provides practical knowledge of industrial processes. This diploma offers different opportunities to the students like technicians, supervisors, etc.
There are different diploma courses for the students belonging to various streams. The different UG and PG diploma courses include Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering, Diploma in Electronics, etc.
2. Diploma in IT
Information technology is the fastest-growing sector nowadays. There are many career options after pursuing a diploma in IT. These diploma courses teach the tactics used in the IT industry that are very helpful for making a promising professional career.
3. Diploma in Economics
A diploma in economics provides deep knowledge of micro and macroeconomics that is very helpful for the students who want to learn the tactics of business. This course boosts the career growth of working professionals.
4. Diploma in Data Science
With the rise of digitization, data science and analytics is another career option that is on the boom currently. A diploma in data science teaches the students to understand the tips and tricks used in analyzing the data for the decision procedure. It is beneficial for management professionals in increasing the productivity and proficiency of their businesses.
5. Diploma in Marketing & Public Relations
Marketing is one of the important sectors for the growth of sales and promotion of the business. Whether the company is providing services or selling the products, communication with the end-user is very important to get feedback.
With digitization, many opportunities are available in the digital marketing sector. In this course, students get a better understanding of user research and analysis for marketing purposes.
6. Diploma in Accounting
Students looking forward to making a career in the finance and banking sector should opt for diploma courses in accounting. This diploma course provides deep knowledge and understanding of financial management. It gives an in-depth understanding of handling all the accounts-related problems.
7. Diploma in Graphic Designing
Nowadays, the demand for skilled and experienced graphic designers is also increasing. Diploma course in graphic designing teaches the basics of graphics and different Software used for designing. After pursuing this course, the students get a chance to make their career as designers, illustrators, etc.
8. Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
If you are looking forward to making a career in logistics and supply chain management, this course is the perfect choice for you. In this course, students will learn the basic managerial actions like inventory management, planning, procurement, etc., and risk assessment in logistics and supply chain.
9. Diploma in Human Resource Management
The human resource department is generally available in all industries. There's a broad scope of career opportunities in human resource management. This course teaches the basic principles of HRM so that the professionals can help in increasing the efficiency of the employees. It is a great course for working professionals.
List of Diploma Courses in Canada
Canadian Universities offer a variety of courses that enhance professional skills for better career opportunities.
We have listed some of the undergraduate diploma courses below:
- Diploma in Culinary Management
- Diploma in Health Office Administration
- Diploma in Justice Administration Services
- Diploma in IT Management
- Diploma in Recreation Therapy
- Diploma in General Arts and Science
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Multimedia
- Diploma in Nursing and Pharmacy
- Diploma in Illustration and Concept Art
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Management
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Architecture
- Diploma in Fire and Safety Technology
- Diploma in Animation & Multimedia
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
Must Read: PGDM in Canada
We have listed some of the top post-graduate diploma courses below:
- Diploma in Film Production
- Diploma in Justice and Community Services
- Bakery and Pastry Arts Management Diploma
- Diploma in Health Information Management
- Diploma in Computer Programming
- Diploma in Video Designing and Production
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Biotechnology
- Diploma in Practical Nursing
- Diploma in Cosmetic Techniques and Management
Top Diploma Colleges in Canada
We have listed some of the best Canadian colleges to pursue diploma courses along with their fee structure:
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Diploma in Architectural Technology
Diploma in Journalism
Diploma in Financial Planning
George Brown College
Diploma in Fine Arts
Diploma Courses in Canada: Eligibility Criteria
There are no typical eligibility criteria to pursue diploma courses in Canadian colleges.
Some essential points to remember before applying to any of the Canadian colleges are given below:
- If you want to pursue undergraduate diploma courses, you must have passed the high-school examination with the minimum marks. The range of minimum marks varies from college to college.
- If you want to pursue post-graduate diploma courses, you must have passed the graduation examination with the minimum marks. The range of minimum marks varies from college to college.
- You must have qualified IELTS (International English Language Testing System). This exam is conducted to test proficiency in the English language.
- You also need to submit a Letter of Recommendation (LOR) and a Statement of Purpose (SOP).
Diploma Courses in Canada: Admission Process
The admission process of diploma courses in Canada differs from college to college. But we have listed a step-by-step procedure of admission for all the Canadian colleges:
1. Enlist the colleges of your choice
First of all, while applying for further studies abroad, you need to make a list of your favourite colleges. This list is based on your research regarding the rank of the college, career opportunities, placements, fee structure, etc.
2. Check for the eligibility criteria
After making a list of colleges, you need to shortlist them according to the eligibility criteria. The minimum percentage requirement is different for different colleges. Also, gather all the required documents like LOR, SOP, official certificates of your academic qualifications, IELTS scorecard, bank statements, etc.
3. Arrange Funds and Submit the Application
After shortlisting the best college of your choice, the arrangement of funds is the most important step that you should take. After this, apply to complete the admission procedure. Universities take a few weeks to process your application. After processing the application, the concerned person from the university informs the status of the application (acceptance or rejection) via mail.
4. Fee Deposition
If you receive the mail of acceptance, you need to acknowledge the same by following the steps given in the call letter after this comes to the significant and final stage of fee deposition and accommodation arrangement.
Pursuing higher education can boost your career growth. It also allows you to work for your dream life. We hope that you found the information helpful and enjoyed reading the article.
Good luck with your future ahead!
FAQs About Diploma Courses in Canada
- Project Management
- Computer Programmer/Computer Programming & Analysis
- Practical Elements of Mechanical Engineering
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Information Technology Solutions
- Sports Business Management
- Advanced Manufacturing Management
- International Business Management
- Diploma in Hospitality Management.
- Diploma in Accounting.
- Diploma in Marketing.
- Diploma in Advertising and Graphic Design.
- Diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts Management.
- Diploma in Cyber Security Specialist.
- Diploma in Data Analytics Co-op.
- Food Technology, Safety and Quality Diploma.
The completion of a certificate, diploma, or degree that is at least 8 months long qualifies you for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), which enables you to stay in Canada and work full time. You can work in any occupation in Canada, even one unrelated to your studies, and you don't need a job offer to apply.