AECC's Insights for your study abroad journey
How to Apply for University in USA?
Each joining bracket has its advantages and disadvantages, so select carefully before applying. You also need to check the deadlines, which vary from university to university, so we advise you to apply as early as possible.
Jot down a list of 8 to 10 universities. We recommend this step because the selection criteria are demanding in most American universities; thus, you can increase your chances of getting selected.
- It should have the course or degree of your choice.
- The fees must be affordable. You should also check for scholarships and other financial aid available.
- Location, size, infrastructure, and student experience are also good factors.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Stanford University.
- Harvard University.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
- The University of California, Berkeley.
- Yale University.
- The University of California Los Angeles.
- Princeton University.
- The University of Chicago.
- Johns Hopkins University.
Now, you must collect documents that prove the legitimacy of the details in your form and other supporting documents. Here's a list for your reference.
- Academic transcripts.
- Previous institution results.
- English language proficiency tests scorecards such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- CV or resume.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree for PG.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letters of Recommendation (LORs).
- SAT or ACT entrance exam scores.
- GRE, LSAT, MCAT, or GMAT for PG courses.
- Research proposal or portfolio for specific PG degrees.
- Work experience letters (if any).
- Certificates of co-curricular activities.
- Proof of funds.
- Application confirmation copy.
This next step is an easy but repetitive part. You need to go to each university's website and sign up to submit your application form
Each university will have specific instructions that you need to follow to register successfully. If you doubt any part of the registration process, ask our expert.
Do you have any doubts regarding this content? Then, ask all your study abroad-related questions and get the best solutions from our experts at AECC.
FAQs About How To Apply For University In USA
- Educational Transcripts.
- Score certificate of English Language Proficiency exam.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Letter of Recommendations.
- Valid Passport.
Yes. It is possible to study in US universities without an IELTS score. But instead of an IELTS score, students must prove that they have studied in an English medium school or pursued their studies in an English-speaking country.
To receive a US university scholarship, students must have an excellent academic profile. Additionally, they have to provide SOP, LOR and educational documents in English.