January Intake Universities in UK
If you have set your sights on attending University in the United Kingdom, you have probably thought about what the best time of year would be to do so. One of the most common misconceptions about university life is students' problems when deciding on an entry season. In the UK, according to British University, January intake is the second most popular time for overseas students to begin their studies in the UK, after September admission.
The January intake is for those who missed last year's September intake. This guide will help you choose a university in the United Kingdom with a January admissions period for undergraduate and postgraduate students
List the January Intake Universities in UK
- Queen Mary University of London
- Bangor University
- Birmingham City University
- Middlesex University
- Brookes University
Quick Read: TOP Universities in UK for Indian Students
1. Queen Mary University of London
One of the most popular public research-intensive universities in the United Kingdom, Queen Mary University of London (QMUL), was founded by four historic academic institutions in London whose mission was to help the less fortunate. It is also a member of the elite Russell Group of UK institutions. QMUL is home to students from more than 160 nations, nine Nobel Laureates, and a prestigious alumni community. As well as being known for its academic excellence and accessibility to downtown London, the institution is also known for its inclusiveness, diversity, and support for LGBTQ students. In January of 2022,
The following are the most popular QMUL courses for international students:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Master of Science in Big Data Science and Machine Learning
- Master of Science in Marketing with Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence
- LLM International and Comparative Dispute Resolution and Comparative Law
- MBA in Financial Services
- Pre-degree Master's integrated into the MSc in Management
- The Master of Laws in Banking and Finance
- MBA, Business & Corporate Law
- Master of Science (MSc) in Genomic Medicine Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Must Read: Best Universities for Finance in UK
2. Bangor University
Bangor University, founded in 1884, has always prioritised academic achievement and the whole educational experience of its students. Each year, more than 10,000 students from various backgrounds enrol in the University's three colleges, including 14 academic schools. Bangor University, one of the top UK institutions for January admissions, is known for its high-quality teaching, learning environment, student outputs and offers .
The following graduate-level programmes.
- Banking and Finance Master's/Master's/MBA
- MSc in Accounting
- MSc in Accounting and Banking
- Accounting and Finance Master's
- Business Law and Banking Masters in Law
- LLM International Commercial & Business Law
- MA/MBA Business and Management LLM
- MA Social Policy
- MA Comparative Criminology and Criminal Justice
3. Birmingham City University
With a population of more than 23,500 students, Birmingham City University is one of the world's most varied learning communities. When it was reclassified in 1971, it became a polytechnic institution. Birmingham, England's most populous city and unofficial capital of the West Midlands, is home to the prestigious Birmingham City University. According to Times Higher Education and QS World University Rankings by Subject, BCU is one of the top 200 Young Universities globally for 2021.
The University is affiliated with the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the University Alliance, and Universities UK. There are four faculties at Birmingham City University, each dealing with a different study area. Big City Culture, a plan to promote Birmingham's world-class arts, culture, and creativity, is supported by the University of Birmingham.
- Master of Science in Building Surveying and Facilities Management
- PgCert/PgDip/MSc Accreditation in Management and Finance and ACCA Management and Finance
- MSc Visual Communication
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- MSc Enterprise Systems Management
- MSc Automotive Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Fashion Management
- MA in Business Administration
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM International Human Rights Law
4. Middlesex University
Middlesex University was founded on the principle of "learning by doing," and its students are allowed to put their theoretical knowledge into practice in the real world. The University's three faculties are Arts and Professional Industries, Professional and Social Sciences, and Science and Technology. It is located on the University of London's campus. The University provides a wide variety of bachelor's and master's level programmes for students to select from, empowering them with the necessary skills and possibilities for future success.
A few of the University's most popular courses include:
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Business Information Systems
- Master of Arts in International Relations
- Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
- Global Strategic Management MSc in International Business
5. Brookes University
To create a dynamic learning environment where students may gain new abilities via coursework and extracurricular activities, Oxford Brookes University is dedicated to providing outstanding teaching and student satisfaction. The institution is one of the most popular January intake universities in the United Kingdom, offering undergraduate and graduate-level programmes to students.
- BEd (Hons) in Business Administration
- BEd (Hons) in Business, Enterprise, and Entrepreneurship
- BEd (Hons) in Marketing Management
- BEd (Hons) in Economics, Finance, and International Business
- BEd with Honours in Economics, Finance, and International Relations
- MA in Applied Accounting
- MA in Business Administration and Marketing
- MA in Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
- MS in Digital Marketing
- Health and Social Care MSc
- PG Diploma in Real Estate Investment Financing
List the Undergraduate January Intake Universities in UK
- Bedfordshire University
- University of Derby
1. Bedfordshire University
The University of Bedfordshire encourages its students to become informed, productive, and enterprising global citizens via innovation and a history of high-quality education. As a result of the education they get, students graduate from the University with a wide range of skills and a strong sense of self-worth. The University of Bedfordshire offers several undergraduate programmes among the UK's January-intake institutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Science Business Intelligence Platform
- Cybersecurity Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science Visual Effects and Animation Created Using a Computer
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Systems Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering with a concentration in Telecommunications
- Bachelor of Arts in accounting
2. University of Derby
Founded on a tradition of innovation, the University of Derby is committed to providing its students with high-quality education and relevant internships. With a TEF rating of Gold, the institution can provide students with industry-experienced lecturers, internships, and cutting-edge technology to enhance their learning experience and instil practical skills. Undergraduate programmes offered in January at the University of Derby tend to be quite popular.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Architecture and Venue Design (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electrical engineering bachelor's degree (Hons)
- Management BA (Hons)
- Event Planning BA (Hons)
- International Hospitality Management BA (Hons)
- International Business and Finance BA (Hons)
List the Postgraduate January Intake Universities in UK
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Brunel University
1. Edinburgh Napier University
Edinburgh Napier University is well-known for its innovative research, which it has used to tackle various problems in various fields. Only a handful of undergraduate degrees are offered at Edinburgh Napier University, one of the UK's January intake institutions.
The institution's most popular postgraduate programmes include:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Engineering Management
- Master of Business Administration in Strategic Project Management
- Master of Business Administration in Concentration in Leadership
- In Master of Business Administration Computer Science with Fieldwork
- MSc Degree in Managing Hotels
- MSc Degree in Pharmaceutical and Analytical Science
2. Brunel University
In Uxbridge, northwest London, Brunel University is one of the UK's most forward-looking and ambitious institutions, with a strong emphasis on post-graduation employment. Today, Brunel University graduates earn the 13th best beginning salary in the United Kingdom out of a student body of 15,000 students from more than 100 different nations.
Among the postgraduate courses available at this University are:
- Master of Science in Accounting and Business Management
- Master of Business Administration in Business Intelligence
- Master of Business Administration in Digital Marketing
- Master of Science in Business Administration
- Master of Science in Engineering Management
- Master of Science in Environmental Management
- Master of Science in Management of Human Resources
- Master of Science in Human Resources
- Master of Science in Employment Relations
- Master of Laws in IPR
- Master of Laws in International Commercial Law
- Master of Laws in International Financial Regulation
- Master of Laws in Corporate Law
- Master of Laws in International Human Rights Law
- Master of Science in Marketing
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Science in Physiotherapy
How to Apply for January Intake Universities in UK?
Suppose you have any questions about the application process. In that case, you may turn to AECC Global, one of the world's top educational consultants, for assistance. On the UCAS website, you must register and make an application.
- To maximise your chances of acceptance, apply for up to five degrees in the UK.
- After that, you will be asked to provide personal information about yourself.
- Include a resume that highlights your academic achievements.
- Do not forget to provide any evidence of your financial security. (Whatever the question is)
- Include a comment about yourself.
- Additional examinations, such as the UCAT or BMAT for medical degrees or the LNAT if you want to practise law, are required by certain colleges.
- You should be aware that all courses are taught in English. Therefore you will need to demonstrate your skill in advanced English. Suppose you do not come from a nation where English is the primary language. In that case, you must pass one of these recognised English exams to verify your proficiency in the language.
- The Academic version of the IELTS examination (International English Language Testing System)
- iBT TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test)
- C1 Intermediate. (Cambridge)
- The PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English)
Quick Read: IELTS 6 Band Universities in UK for Masters
What If I Missed to Apply for January Intake Universities in UK?
The days immediately after the January deadline are the only time late candidates should hold off on submitting their applications. It may be in your best interest to hold off on making a decision. After the application deadline, institutions may not know whether they can accept further applications for a few weeks. Universities will be letting UCAS know whether or not they will be participating in UCAS Extra by the middle or end of February. That helps you get a better sense of what is still out there in the universe. To help you narrow down your options, use AECC Global India's course finder, including information on every UK university programme and the most recent facts and statistics.
However, after February has passed, you must submit your application as soon as possible to maximise your chances of selection. It would help if you kept in mind the availability of courses is constantly changing. Before applying, make sure to contact the institutions of higher learning that have caught your attention. As a result, it is time to contact the University's admissions office.
Find out fast whether the courses that interest you will be available, and see if the institution is the appropriate fit for you. This is your opportunity. Please describe your situation, grades, or expected grades, and tell them about yourself in your phone call. If they answer "yes," you may apply. If the answer is "no," do not waste your time and look elsewhere.
Spring Intake is a term used in the United Kingdom to refer to the January Intake. Although the latter is more common, students who have delayed their education to improve their IELTS score or enrol on a specific programme prefer the former. International students may catch up with the September sessions since the January intake is less competitive. Candidates who missed out on the main UK intakes now have an opportunity to reapply. UK universities are providing a wide range of courses, scholarships, and prizes for the January 2022 intake to assist students in taking advantage of the country's greatest educational opportunities.
AECC Global is one of the world's leading educational consultancies with versatile expert professionals who are ready to help you with any queries you may have. Contact us so we can be of assistance to you in your journey of fulfilling your dream.