New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships for Indian Students
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships enable students from emerging Commonwealth countries to pursue Masters and Postgraduate degrees in New Zealand. It is one of the most Famous scholarships in New Zealand for international students, particularly those wishing to pursue a master's degree. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trades of the Government of New Zealand, in collaboration with the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India, offers New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships, also known as New Zealand Scholarships, to international students. These scholarships are designed to assist students in pursuing master's and doctoral degrees. Students from any Commonwealth country, including India, are welcome.
What are Commonwealth Scholarships?
The Commonwealth Scholarship is a global initiative open to students from Commonwealth countries like India, Bangladesh, and other countries. This scholarship is available to Indian students wishing to study in one of three countries: New Zealand, Singapore, or the United Kingdom.
- Commonwealth Scholarships can be used to pursue master's or doctoral degrees at universities in New Zealand, Singapore, and elsewhere.
- The Commonwealth Scholarship will only provide funding for the duration of the degree programme. For the additional semesters, no financial assistance will be provided.
- The scholarship covers travel expenses, tuition fees, and other allowances associated with participating universities abroad.
- Commonwealth Scholarships are typically awarded to students in financial need who have a solid academic record. This could be a fantastic opportunity for students who want to pursue a higher education degree at prestigious colleges worldwide.
Overview About New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
Merit-Based and Need-Based
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT), Government of New Zealand
Annual No. of Scholarships
Online and Offline
The scholarship benefits include tuition assistance, living expenses in New Zealand, and airline charges.
Masters' and PhD Degrees
List of Universities that offer New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
Colleges That Offer New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships;
- Auckland University of Technology
- Massey University
- Victoria University of wellington
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Southern institute of technology
- Lincoln university
Eligibility Criteria for New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
The scholarship is available for master's and doctoral studies at the universities and institutions listed. Students must hold a bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant or related field. Contact AECC Global to see if you meet the scholarship requirements and apply for financial aid.
Some of the priority areas in which students can pursue studies through this scholarship programme are as follows:
- The Environment and Climate Change
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Energy from renewable sources
The requirements are
- Students must be 39 years old or younger.
- Applicants who have spent more than six months abroad for training, research, or study on a scholarship or their own can apply for this award only if they have lived. After returning from abroad, you must stay in India for at least two years.
- They cannot be a member of the military.
- Within the last five years, applicants must not have had a New Zealand scholarship cancelled due to poor academic performance or a breach of the code of conduct.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and have a current IELTS/PTE/TOEFL scorecard.
- They must also meet the standards for visas and immigration.
Application Procedure New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
Students can visit the commonwealth website to apply, where there will have to access the official PDF for the scholarship opportunity. Commonwealth Scholarships in New Zealand
The PDF also includes an application form for the scholarship opportunity.
- You must print a copy of the application form.
- You must complete the application form.
- All supporting paperwork should be attached to the application form.
Ensure that you meet all the requirements mentioned in the form and have all the required documents. Eligible candidates must follow the steps to apply for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships. To obtain a printed application form, candidates must contact the nominating agency in their Commonwealth country.
Candidates must obtain copies of all academic transcripts; in addition to the application form are Certificates and mark sheets for classes X and XII and certificates and mark sheets for bachelor's degrees and transcripts. Transcripts and Certificates of Master's degree are advanced degrees and PhD certificates with transcripts and degrees.
Available Courses in New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
The environment and climate change
- Climate Change
- Climate change Science
- Natural Resource Management
- Rural Development
- Water Management
Agriculture and food security
- Agricultural Science
- Farm Management
- Agricultural Technology
- Food Technology
Supply Chain Management
- Disaster preparedness and response
- Disaster Management
- Emergency Management
- Energy from renewable resources
- Solar, Hydro-electric and Wind Energy
- Energy Engineering
- Renewable Energy Distribution Systems
- Energy Economics
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy Sector Reforms and Management
- Public Sector Auditing
- Public Financial Management
- Policy Statistics
How to Apply for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships?
In addition to the application form, candidates must also submit copies of all academic transcripts as follows:
- Certificate of Completion and Marksheet for Class X
- Certificate of Completion and Marksheet for Class XII
- Transcripts and a certificate for a bachelor's degree. If you are currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in India, you must submit grade cards or mark sheets up to the last completed semester.
- If your institution/university uses the Grade Point Average (GPA) system, you must also provide the formula for converting to an equivalent percentage.
- Certificate of Master's Degree and Transcripts If you are currently pursuing a Master's degree in India, you must submit grade cards or mark sheets up to the last completed semester. If your institution/university uses the Grade Point Average (GPA) system, a formula for converting to an equivalent percentage must be provided.
- Transcripts and a certificate of completion for a PhD. If you are currently pursuing a PhD degree in India, you must submit grade cards or mark sheets up to the last completed semester. If your institution/university uses the Grade Point Average (GPA) system, a formula for converting to an equivalent percentage must be provided.
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships Selection Process
The following selection method will be used to choose the recipient of this scholarship:
After applying for a Commonwealth scholarship in New Zealand online, the Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD) will create an initial shortlist of applicants based on a merit list that gives weight to Institutions of National Importance/Centrally-Funded Educational Institutions and NAAC accredited institutions.
Only two applications were nominated for a scholarship award out of the total number of applications to the MHRD. Furthermore, MFAT's selection procedure includes several steps that vary depending on the number of applications received.
Following the screening of applications, the MFAT conducts psychological testing on the applicants.
Some of the most important criteria to consider before making a final decision are as follows:
- My academic ability is excellent.
- They must be able to demonstrate commitment to the country's economic and social advancement.
- They must be of legal age before the scholarship can begin.
- They must select courses that are related to the subjects recommended.
- They must be willing to collaborate with New Zealand to improve relations.
Still unclear about anything? Well, not to worry. Contact AECC Global and get your queries answered today!
AECC Global is one of the world's leading educational consultancies with versatile expert professionals ready to help you with any queries you may have. Contact us so we can be of assistance to you in your journey to achieving your dream.