Studying and exploring the human body is a bit complex and exciting matter. And when we are talking about the human heart, it will take all the attention as we are all aware that cardiology is the study of knowing the human heart and its complexes. In recent times, in the era of globalisation, most people's lives have become irregular, leading to various heart issues entirely in the world. Modern busy lifestyles and lack of fitness are the fundamental reasons for it. That is why globally, there is a high requirement for the cardiologist. To get a smooth lifestyle with a healthy heart, we must need suggestions. So, this is the root cause why the importance of the BSc Cardiology course is rapidly growing!
If you are looking for a course to do abroad and want to become aware of everything regarding BSc Cardiology, starting from the course details, eligibility, syllabus, colleges, top universities, fees, job offers, salary and scope, then you are in the right article! We believe that this blog will get you all the knowledge about this course. So, stay with the blog and let's have a look!
What is BSc Cardiology?
BSc Cardiology is a top-rated 3-year undergraduate course in the attached specialisation in Medicine in the medical field. Moreover, it is proposed as BSc Cardiac Technology and structures learners to regulate cardiovascular technologies and appliances to benefit doctors at the time of cardiovascular testing. Also, you will execute lessons that do not need comprehensive medical workouts but can assist a doctor in various means.
Duties of a Cardiology Technician
Being a Cardiology Specialist, you will be dealing with the inspection of reports and functioning on medical tests. BSc Cardiology readies you for numerous works to sort out:
- Taking supervision of patients undergoing cardiovascular problems.
- Analysing patients who have any signs of heart difficulties.
- Pertaining fundamental as well as progressive life support mastery.
- Understanding the procedure and supervision of medical devices and appliances is significant to this area of Medicine.
- Catheter insertion and method of use of pacemakers in any clinical situation.
- Comprehending the intrusive crisis protocols that are vital for protecting someone's existence.
- Attention is the exact technique of conducting the cardiac strategy before utilising practical aptitudes.
- Reviewing as well as gaining knowledge about cardiac-associated methods.
BSc Cardiology Course Details
BSc in cardiology or cardiac technology is a 3-4 year (depends on which country you are studying) undergraduate degree course. Learning cardiac technology enables doctors to analyse the issue in the heart. In this course, pupils understand the nature of the circulatory system and its problems. After completing this degree, students can deal with the interfering techniques during the possibility of emergency and similarly technical proficiency regarding the cardiovascular process.
- A learner aspiring to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Cardiology and Cardiac Technology course must have done 10+2 with a science background from a well-known board or institution.
- A student should have achieved at least 55% total marks in 10+2 programmes with biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics as their major subjects.
- Aspirants may furthermore be compelled to pass several entrance exams to achieve admission into the top universities.
- The standard average expenses for the degree span between INR 10,000 to even INR 5,00,000 into government and private institutions.
Bachelor of Science Cardiology or cardiac technology is a degree course in which beginners understand the specialised sense of cardiovascular mechanisms. The Bachelor of Science in Cardiac Technology or BSc Cardiology degree pertains to assumption and practical proficiency. Students who continue the course are named cardiac technologists, and only after completing M.D students can be called cardiologists. Cardiac specialists perform a crucial position when it arrives in case of heart disease medication. The degree lets the learners understand human anatomy, cardiac supervision technology etc. Cardiac specialist or technologist assists physicians in tackling and taking care of patient who endures heart disarrays. Moreover, pupils during the lesson are needed to discern the cardiac process so that they can better exceed it while accomplishing it.
Eligibility Criteria Abroad
So, here are the eligibility requirements to get admission to any university abroad in BSc Cardiology or Bachelor of Science in cardiac Technology to recruit the graduate as a technical cardiac specialist after completing the course.
This degree compels the aspirants to finalise their 10+2 from a well-established academic board or institution with the science subjects. The primary subjects should be Biology, Physics, Chemistry [BiPC subjects] and mathematics, as these are mandatory for the degree. Knowing the English language properly is another vital part of the criteria. You may have to sit for a test to check your skill in English. So, it is advised to keep the focus on this matter equally. Also, you are required to have at least an aggregate of 55% in your 10+2 or 12 class to get a permit for this degree. Nonetheless, there might be eligibility norms for various foundations proposing the degree.
To get admission for a BSc Cardiology degree or in Cardiovascular Technology as a specialisation at a well-known university abroad, the documents listed below are required as follows:
- Deliver your class 10+2 or 12 result sheets and certificate.
- English speech ability tests such as IELTS/TOEFL.
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Letter of recommendation (LOR)
- Any other manuscript restricted by the university's/ACT might also be mandated. This ensures that the university/college you wish to apply to gets a clear picture of your achievements and qualifications before this course. More information about these is specified in the website's notice area.
BSc Cardiology Course's Syllabus
Mentioned below is the outline of the BSc Cardiology syllabus and subjects that you have to study during your course in 2022:
First Year Syllabus (can also be like Semester 1 and Semester 2) of BSc Cardiology
- Fundamental Anatomy
- Physical Anatomy
BSc Cardiology Second Year (or maybe Semester 3 and semester 4) Syllabus
- Progressive Electrocardiography
- Overture to Cardiac Technology mechanism
- Applied Pharmacology
- Exercise Stress Testing and recording ECG as well.
BSc Cardiology Third Year (or maybe Semester 5 and Semester 6) Syllabus
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Current Technology to detect
- Applied Cardiac Care
- Clinical Cardiac Care Technology
Top Colleges or Universities Abroad for the Course
Now, below listed are some of the leading universities/institutions that offer BSc Cardiology as follows:
- University of Leeds offering BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology)
- The University of Southampton proposing BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) and BSc Healthcare Science (Cardiovascular and Respiratory and Sleep Science)
- Middlesex University offering BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) and Bachelor's in Medical Physiology (Cardiovascular Science)
- University of Wolverhampton offering BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology)
- Swansea University giving BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology)
- Nova Southeastern University proposing BSc Cardiovascular Sonography
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offering BSc in Diagnostic Medical Sonography – Echocardiography.
Salary of a Cardiologist after Completing BSc Cardiology Course
The average minimum fee of technologists of cardiac care or BSc Cardiology is $400k per annum. It can differ as per the hospital or health clinic to which you are appointed, either a government or private hospital.
Jobs a cardiologist is fit for (basically the scopes in this field)
After finishing a BSc Cardiology degree or any of its lesson variants, graduates can investigate a vast expanse of career possibilities in the Medicine and Surgery field. Also, many of those who have done a Bachelor of Science degree in Cardiology choose to integrate it with a master's or MSc degree to increase aptitude and clinical exercise. In cardiology, the primary specialities for assembling a profession are:
- Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Vascular Technology
- Invasive Cardiology
- Interventional Cardiology
- Electrophysiologist Cardiology
Below are the pointers of the crucial career chances one can select from these various specialities after finishing their degree in Cardiology. However, this will be helpful if you have a degree in M.D. Cardiology:
- Cardiac Surgeon (Cardiothoracic Surgeon)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Cardiology
- Electrophysiologist Cardiologist
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Medical Sonographer
- Dialysis Technician
- Nephrologist Technician.
To become a Cardiologist, you should require a higher-degree qualification such as an MSc Cardiology, an M.D. in a specialisation of Cardiology. Below listed are the names of top universities to study master's or M.D. in Cardiology abroad:
- University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Brighton and Sussex Medical School, U.K.
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Trinity College, Dublin
- Middlesex University, London.
Now, you only need to carefully concentrate on all the aspects of the mentioned topic BSc Cardiology to get aware of each factor with the proper notion. Hopefully, this writing will help you know everything from the eligibility criteria course details to the scope and job offers abroad after completing the programme. So, now start preparing for going abroad as you know everything now!
AECC Global is one of the world's leading educational consultancies with versatile expert professionals who are ready to help you with any queries you may have. Contact us so we can be of assistance to you in your journey of fulfilling your dream.
FAQs About BSc Cardiology
1. Is BSc Cardiology a good course?
Yes. Studying BSc Cardiology can result in landing in some of the high paying fields like Hospitals and Clinics, Healthcare Offices, Nursing Care homes and many more. After studying BSc Cardiology students can also pursue Masters in Cardiology and increase their chances of better employability benefits.
2. Is there any entrance exam for BSc Cardiology?
The only entrance exam students have to give to study BSc Cardiology abroad is English Language proficiency exams like IELTS/TOEFL/CAE/CPE.
3. Is a Cardiologist a doctor?
Yes. A Cardiologist is a doctor or physician who treats problems related to heart and blood vessels. Cardiologists treat a number of cardiovascular problems and specialise in areas such as abnormal heart rhythms, heart failure or heart problems.
4. Can I do BSc Cardiology without MBBS?
Yes. You can do BSc Cardiology without MBBS. But if you want to become a Cardiologist, you have to do an MSc in Cardiology and then a MD in Cardiology.
5. What types of jobs can I get after a BSc in Cardiology?
Cardiologist, Cardiac Surgeon, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Electrophysiologist Cardiologist, Cardiovascular Technologist, Medical Sonographer, Dialysis Technician and Nephrologist Technician are some of the jobs students can get after completing BSc in Cardiology.