Paramedical Courses List
The health industry is one of the most important industries, and it has a significant impact on a country's economy. Aside from physicians, there is a strong demand for paramedics, who serve as the backbone of any medical profession.
Paramedics, sometimes known as "allied health forces," aid physicians, deal with emergency situations, and perform other technical responsibilities. So, if you are seeking courses in Biology after the 12th grade other than MBBS, this post on the list of paramedical courses may be useful to you!
Paramedical Course Details
|Level||Duration||Fees in (INR)|
|Diploma Course||1 year||₹ 75,000|
|Bachelor Degree||3 years||₹ 15,00,000|
|Masters Degree||2 years||₹ 18,00,000|
|Ph.D.||3 - 4 years||₹ 60,00,000|
Top 10 Paramedical Courses
Here are some of the top 10 paramedical courses that must know about:
- B.Sc in Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant
- M.Sc in Community Health Nursing
- M.Sc in Obstetrics & Gynecology Nursing
- M.Sc in Psychiatric Nursing
- M.Sc in Health Nursing
- M.Sc in Pediatric Nursing
- MD in Pathology
- MD in Anaesthesia
- MD in Radiodiagnosis
Quick Read: BSc Nursing in Canada for Indian Students
Quick Read: BSc Nursing in UK for Indian Students
Types Of Paramedical Courses
There are several types of paramedical courses that you can pursue including:
- Certificate Paramedical Courses
- Diploma Paramedical Courses
- Bachelor Paramedical Courses
- Masters Courses
Paramedical Courses After 10th
There are a variety of diplomas and certificates available for paramedical courses after the tenth grade for students interested in pursuing a career in the paramedics sectors.
Following the 10th, the following are the most common paramedical courses:
|Paramedical Courses||Duration||Fees (INR)|
|Diploma in Ayurvedic Nursing||1 year||₹ 50,000 to 1,00,000|
|Diploma in Medical Record Technology||2 years||₹ 2,00,000|
|Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant||1 – 2 years||₹ 1,50,000 – 2,00,000|
|Diploma in X-Ray Technology||2 years||₹ 2,00,000 to 3,00,000|
|MRI Technician (Certificate)||3 months to 1 year||₹ 60,000|
|Certificate in Home Based Health Care||6 months to 2 years||₹ 20,000 - 30,000|
|Diploma in Dialysis Techniques||2 years||₹ 55,000|
|Diploma in Rural Health Care||1 year||₹ 2,00,000|
|Home Health Aide (HHA)||4 months||₹ 2,000 to 5,000|
List Of Paramedical Courses After 10th
Students in paramedical studies are prepared to work as allied health workers in the fields of nursing, medicine, and pharmacy. This personnel deserves a lot of credit for their contributions to the smooth operation of healthcare systems. One important point to remember is that students who have completed such courses are in high demand all around the world.
Here is a list of paramedical courses available after the tenth grade:
- X-ray Radiology Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- ECG Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- CT Scan Technician
- MRI Technician
- Nursing Care Assistant
- Operation Theatre Assistant
- General Duty Assistant
- Home-based Health care
- Home Health Aide
Paramedical Courses After 12th
Because the healthcare industry in India is predicted to reach USD 372 billion by 2022, Paramedical Courses after 12th is a solid academic choice in India. According to a survey by the India Brand Equity Foundation, the health care and paramedical business in India is expected to develop at a rate of 22-25 percent, with the potential to more than double in the future years.
Here is a list of courses, together with their durations and costs, from which students can choose any of them based on their areas of interest
|Paramedical Courses||Duration||Fees (INR)|
|BSc Radiology||3 years||₹ 2,00,000 to 10,00,000|
|BSc in Audiology and Speech Therapy||3 years||₹ 4,00,000 - 5,00,000|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy||3 - 5 years||₹ 4,00,000|
|BSc Ophthalmic Technology||3 years||₹ 2,00,000 to 6,00,000|
|Bachelor/BSc in OTT (Operation Theater Technology)||3 - 5 years||₹ 4,00,000|
|B.Sc (Respiratory Therapy Technology)||3 years||₹ 2,00,000 to 4,00,000|
|B.Sc in Dialysis Therapy||3 years||₹ 1,00,000 to 2,00,000|
|BSc Nursing||4 years||₹ 1,00,000 to 2,00,000|
|BNYS Course (Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences)||5 years||₹ 1,00,000 to 2,00,000|
|Diploma in Physiotherapy||2 years||₹ 1,00,000 to 3,00,000|
List Of Paramedical Courses After 12th
After the 12th grade, students can pick from a variety of paramedical courses, both medical and non-medical.
The following are the best Paramedical Courses after 12th:
- BSc Radiology
- BSc in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- BSc Ophthalmic Technology
- Bachelor/BSc in OTT (Operation Theater Technology)
- B.Sc (Respiratory Therapy Technology)
- B.Sc in Dialysis Therapy
- BSc Nursing
- BNYS Course (Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences)
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
List of Paramedical Courses After Graduation
Here are the lists the popular paramedical courses after graduation for International students:
- PG Diploma in Cardiac Pulmonary Perfusion
- PG Diploma in Anesthesiology
- PG Diploma in Child Health
- PG Diploma in Medical Radio-Diagnosis
- Master of Paramedic Science
- Master of Paramedic Practitioner
- Master in Physiotherapy
- MS/MSc in Community Health Nursing
- MS/MSc in Medical Lab Technology
- MS/MSc in Obstetrics and Gynecology Nursing
- MS/MSc in Pediatric Nursing
- MS/MSc in Child Health Nursing
- MS/MSc in Psychiatric Nursing
- MD in Pathology
- MD in Anaesthesia
- MD in Radiodiagnosis
- PhD in Paramedical Science
- PhD (Integrated) in Paramedical Science
List of Diploma Paramedical Courses
Here are the list of Diploma Paramedical Courses for international students:
- Diploma in Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Diploma in Child Health
- Diploma in Rural Health Care
- Diploma in Community Health Care
- Diploma in Orthopaedics
- Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma in Dermatology
- Diploma in Clinical Research
- Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology
- Diploma in OT Technician
Top Universities in Abroad for Paramedical Courses
There are several medical schools and institutions that provide paramedical courses, but it is critical to select one that is well-known in this profession.
Some of the top names on the list of academic institutions for studying paramedical courses overseas are listed below:
|1||Auckland University of Technology|
|3||University of Southampton|
|4||University of Pennsylvania|
|7||University of Hertfordshire|
|8||University College Dublin|
|10||Edith Cowan University|
|11||University of Leicester|
|12||University of Delaware|
|13||University of Nottingham|
Paramedical Courses: Eligibility Criteria
The qualifying requirements for pursuing a program from the list of Paramedical courses may vary depending on the program and university you choose.
However, the following are some of the general requirements:
- To pursue undergraduate studies, you must have completed upper secondary education, i.e. 12th with BiPC subjects from any recognised board, with the minimum marks set by the university.
- To be eligible to apply for a master's degree, you must have finished your bachelor's degree in any field in the Science stream.
- A master's degree is required for PhD-level courses. Work and research experience may also be requested.
If you want to pursue paramedical courses overseas, you must submit English proficiency test scores from IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, or Cambridge Board. A Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letters of Recommendation (LORs) are also required at the time of application.
Paramedical Courses in Abroad 2022: Admissions Process
Here is an overview of Paramedical courses admissions 2022:
- Examine the entrance requirements for your selected paramedical programme on the official website of your chosen institution or college.
- Every year, applications for admission to paramedical courses start in July or August. Candidates can fill out the application form online, pay the application cost, and then submit the relevant documents.
- To register for Paramedical courses in India, you may also need to pass specific examinations such as NEET-UG & PG, AIIMS, MHT-CET, Occupational English Test, and so on. Many universities also shortlist candidates on the basis of merit.
Top Colleges in India for Paramedical Courses
Here are the top colleges in India for Paramedical courses:
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University (CSMU), Navi Mumbai
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Swami Vivekanand Institute of Engineering & Technology (SVIET), Chandigarh
- Kasturba Medical College Manipal University, Manipal
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
Paramedical Courses in India 2022: Admissions Process
- The AIIMS BSc Paramedical Seat Allotment List for Round 1 is now available. On November 20, 2021, AIIMS Delhi closed the application process for BSc paramedical programmes.
- The registration period for the Jharkhand Paramedical Entrance Competitive Exam for admission to paramedical courses ended on November 15, 2021.
- The rank list for paramedical courses in October and November 2021 has been announced by LBS Kerala and SMFWB.
- Candidates with a class 12th or equivalent in biology are eligible for the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Paramedical Courses Admission 2022.
- Candidates for diploma paramedical courses must have finished high school (class 10). Every paramedical college that provides diploma paramedical courses has a separate minimum percentage requirement.
- Some courses require candidates to have specified academic credentials. For example, in order to get admitted to the BSc programmes at AIIMS, students must have completed their 12th grade with 55 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- Many paramedical institutes have their own admissions tests. NEET PG, SAAT, AIIMS MSc, IGNOU OPENMAT, and AJEE are national-level paramedical entrance exams.
- Top Medical Colleges in India take NEET 2021 marks into account for paramedical programme admission in 2021. Admission to the BSc Nursing programme is contingent on NEET results in 2021.
Career After Paramedical Courses
- Candidates for diploma paramedical courses must have a high school diploma (class 10). Each paramedical college that offers diploma paramedical courses has a different minimum percentage requirement.
- Some courses need specific academic qualifications from applicants. For example, students must have passed their 12th grade with 55 percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in order to get enrolled to the BSc programmes at AIIMS.
- Many paramedical institutes have their own entrance exams. National level paramedical admission examinations include NEET PG, SAAT, AIIMS MSc, IGNOU OPENMAT, and AJEE.
- NEET 2021 results are used by top medical colleges in India for paramedical programme admission in 2021. NEET results in 2021 will be used to determine admission to the BSc Nursing programme.
- Applicants who complete the fundamental course in one of the paramedical streams can work in Nursing Homes, Hospitals, Clinics, and Health Departments, as well as colleges and universities and as lecturers. They also have the option of opening their own laboratories or clinics. As a result, there are numerous work opportunities in paramedical disciplines.
Best Paramedical Courses With High Salary
|Job||Salary in International Standards|
|Occupational Therapist||₹ 60,00,000|
Contact AECC Global for additional information on the courses available to overseas students in a number of places. Don't worry, we are here to help you pick your study location and give course information. We represent top universities and educational institutions around the world and offer end-to-end counselling and application management services to students seeking overseas education in amazing destinations around the globe like Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA