PR Courses in Canada for Indian Students
Canada has become a hub for PR and marketing professionals worldwide. The country is home to international companies looking for top professional talent. International students studying in Canada may apply for Canadian permanent resident status while in Canada or after completing their studies if they meet the conditions of the Canadian immigration program to which they apply. Applying for a Canada study visa and Canadian permanent residence status simultaneously is known as "dual intent." It is a standard and permitted procedure under Canadian immigration law.
Did You Know?
Many of Canada's immigration processes need a particular level of specialised work experience, which may disadvantage overseas students. However, most international student graduates in Canada are qualified to apply for a post-graduation work visa, which allows them to work in Canada and earn significant job experience.
Continue reading to learn more about all the PR courses in Canada for international students.
Table of Contents
- What is Canada PR Visa?
- What are the types of PR Programs in Canada?
- Which are the Courses that Offer Permanent Residency in Canada?
- What are Some Specific Course Specialisations that Offer PR Courses in Canada?
- 1 year Diploma Courses in Canada for PR
- Short-Term Courses in Canada for PR
- Top Canadian Universities Offering the Best Course in Canada to get PR: QS Rankings 2023
- How to Choose the Best Course in Canada to get PR?
What is Canada PR Visa?
A Canada PR Visa allows people to work and live in Canada permanently with their families. A holder of a PR visa in Canada can apply for citizenship at IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) after satisfying specific requirements. A Permanent Residence (PR) status in Canada permits people to work permanently and live in the nation.
What are the types of PR Programs in Canada?
International students can apply for a variety of immigration programs. While each program is unique and has criteria in addition to finishing Canadian courses, the programs listed below may give international student graduates faster pathways to obtaining Canadian permanent residents.
Here is a comprehensive guide.
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Provincial Nominee Programs
- Quebec Immigration Options
- Post-Graduation Work Permits
- Canadian Experience Class Program: It benefits pupils and considers various characteristics such as age, language competency, and degree of education, among others. It is necessary to have 12 months of full-time work experience.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program: The Federal Skilled Worker Program is a merit-based program that scores and ranks candidates using a points-based Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The applicant must have at least 12 months of work experience.
- Provincial Nominee Programs: Each province and territory in Canada has its immigration scheme, known as a Provincial Nominee Program (PNPs). Many PNPs prefer individuals who have either studied or worked in the province.
- Quebec Immigration Options: Quebec has its immigration system, with rules and procedures that differ from the rest of the country. However, Quebec's immigration programs, like the rest of Canada's, are constructed in such a way that international students enjoy benefits when applying for permanent residence. Quebec's two main permanent residence programs feature streams explicitly developed for overseas students:
- Quebec Experience Program (PEQ)
- Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW)
5. Permit for Post-Graduation Work: While this does not qualify the candidate for a direct permanent residency program, it does allow overseas students who have graduated from Canada to remain in Canada after their studies are completed. This is done so that candidates can work for any employer in the country while applying for a visa through CEC.
Which are the Courses that Offer Permanent Residency in Canada?
Canadian institutions provide several courses to help students get jobs in top companies. Here are a few of the best long-term and short-term courses in Canada for getting PR that will help you land good jobs and opportunities.
- Business Management Courses in Canada
- Finance and Economics Courses in Canada
- Engineering Courses in Canada
- Health and Medicine Courses in Canada
- Computer Science and IT Courses in Canada
Business Management Courses in Canada
Business Management courses are among the most popular courses for international students in Canada. In Canada, students can pick from Accounting, Finance, Project Management, and MBA specialisations. Many Canadian colleges offer these courses to help students improve their leadership, problem-solving, and strategic planning skills.
Here are the best Business Management courses in Canada for PR.
- Master's in Business Management (MBA) in Canada
- Postgraduate Diploma in Global Business Management in Canada
- Diploma in Human Resource Management in Canada
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hotel Management in Canada
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management in Canada
- Diploma in Construction Management in Canada
- Master's in Healthcare Management in Canada
- Diploma in Event Management in Canada
Finance and Economics Courses in Canada
Finance and Economics courses in Canada are excellent career options due to their importance to the country's economy. A certificate or degree in Finance will provide you with a thorough understanding of the operation and applications of financial markets. Finance and Economics experts are in high demand in Canada, so you can find a job once you complete your program.
The following list is of the top Finance courses in Canada for PR.
- Master's in Management in Finance in Canada
- Master of Financial Risk Management in Canada
- BSC (Hons) Economics and Finance in Canada
- PG Diploma in Financial Services in Canada
- Master of Arts in Economics and Finance in Canada
Engineering Courses in Canada
Engineering courses in Canada are among the most highly valued. Engineering degrees are available at both the Undergraduate and Doctoral levels. Among the most popular Engineering courses in Canada are the following.
- Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- Civil Engineering in Canada
- Electrical Engineering in Canada
- Automotive Technology in Canada
- Systems Engineering in Canada
- Environmental Engineering in Canada
Health and Medicine Courses in Canada
Studying Medicine in Canada would be a good idea because it is ahead of other countries in terms of Medical Science and innovation. The following are some Health and Medicine courses in Canada.
- BSc Nursing in Canada
- Bachelor's in Dental Science in Canada
- MBBS in Canada
- Master of Public Health (MPH) in Canada
- Diploma of Acupuncture in Canada
- Advanced Diploma in Medical Radiation Technology
- Diploma in Kinesiology In Canada
Computer Science and IT Courses in Canada
Computer Science and Information Technology courses in Canada include studies that prepare students for careers in computer-related jobs by providing a solid foundation in related Science and Mathematics. In Canada, Computer Science and IT experts can earn a lot of money working in Forensic Science, Technical Writing, Medical Application Development, Computer-Aided Design (CAD), GIS Systems, Banking, and many other industries.
Some of the Computer Science and IT specialisations in Canada are as follows.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Database Administration
- Cloud Computing
- Data Science
- Data Analytics
What are Some Specific Course Specialisations that Offer PR Courses in Canada?
It is a fact worth noting that there are a few course specialisations that offer PR courses in Canada. They are given below.
- MA in Marketing Management
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Banking
- MA in Journalism
- MA in Public Relations
- MSc in Computer Science/IT
- MSc in Data Science
- MSc/MTech in Civil Engineering
- MSc/MTech in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc/MTech in Electrical-Electronics
- MSc/MTech in Chemical Engineering
- MSc/MTech in Engineering Management
- MSc in Bioscience
- MSc in Nursing
- MSc in Psychology
- MSc in Biochemistry
1 year Diploma Courses in Canada for PR
Students in Canada have an exceptional opportunity to obtain a high-quality education at a low cost. The following table lists 1 year Diploma courses in Canada for PR:
|List of Best Courses in Canada to get PR||Colleges|
|Diploma in Business Administration||
|Diploma in Hospitality Management||
|Diploma in Accounting||
|Diploma in Marketing||
|Diploma in Graphics Design||
|Food Technology, Safety, and Quality Diploma||
|Diploma in Cyber Security Specialist||
|Diploma in Data Analytics||
Short-Term Courses in Canada for PR
The following list shows some of the popular short-term courses in Canada. They are presented here so that you will find it easy.
- Human Resources Management Certificate
- French Language Course
- Short-term for Software Engineering
- Finance Certificate
- Professional Cook – Certificate Course
- Marketing Certificate
- Dental Assistant Certificate
- Public Administration Certificate
- Culinary Arts Certificate
- Advertising – Account Management
- Certificate in Business Foundations
Top Canadian Universities Offering the Best Course in Canada to get PR: QS Rankings 2023
It will be helpful for you to know the best Canadian universities to choose. Here are the top Canadian institutions that provide the best course in Canada to acquire PR.
|Top Universities||QS World Rank 2023||QS Canada Rank 2023|
|University of Toronto||34||1|
|University of British Columbia||47||3|
|University of Montreal||14||4|
|University of Alberta||110||5|
|University of Waterloo||154||7|
|University of Calgary||242||10|
How to Choose the Best Course in Canada to get PR?
The steps you must take to select the best course in Canada to gain PR for you are outlined below.
Step 1: Be clear about why you want to study that specific course in Canada.
Step 2: Confirm that the university you are applying to offers that specific subject.
Step 3: Confirm that the Canadian government recognises the university you're applying to as a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).
Step 4: Talk to people and friends who are already enrolled in that course at that college about their general experience and environment.
Step 5: Consult a professional educational counsellor to help you choose the best course in Canada to obtain PR.
Canada is a country that allows you to pursue your dreams of studying and living in another country. It is one of the best countries in the world for immigration. The government is accepting roughly 4,00,000 immigrants over the next ten years to enhance its economy. It is the finest opportunity for international students to apply to Canadian colleges, particularly those offering PR-friendly programs. The PR-friendly courses will not only provide doors to various careers but will also enable overseas students to get permanent residency in Canada in the future.
Do you want to study in Canada but need to know which universities and courses would be best for you? If you want to learn more about the top PR course in Canada, contact our experienced AECC counsellors. Get FREE services from our consultancy professionals to make your ambition a reality!