Events    

Complete Guide to Study at the Deakin University in Australia

If you plan to study abroad, Deakin University in Australia is an excellent choice for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, PhD, and double degree programs. It is a public university founded in 1974, named after Alfred Deakin, Australia's second PM, and located in Victoria. The university has main campuses in Melbourne's Burwood suburb, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, and Warrnambool. It also has an online cloud campus. You can also find learning centres in Dandenong and Werribee in Victoria.  

Quick Facts

  • Do you know which are the popular courses at Deakin University?
  • What are the scholarships offered by the university?
  • What is the eligibility to get admission to Deakin University?
  • Deakin University in Australia: Overview

    Deakin University was previously established with the passage of the Deakin University Act 1974. It is the 4th university of Victoria, the first in regional Victoria, and the first Australian university to facilitate distance education.

    The Waurn Ponds Campus is the first campus of Deakin University. The university came into existence due to a merger between the State College of Victoria in Geelong and the Gordon Institute of Technology's higher education courses. The institute enrolled its first batch of students three years later, in the year 1977.

    The second campus is the Burwood campus, which is on the former Burwood Teacher's College site and covers the previous locations of the Bennettswood Primary School and the Burwood Secondary School. The Dawkins education reforms, which the commonwealth government announced in 1988, resulted in a merger with the Warrnambool Institute of Advanced Education in 1990. The following year, the university merged with most of Victoria College's campuses in Burwood, Rusden, and Toorak.

    The Rusden campus was closed in the year 2003, which resulted in all its courses being transferred to the Melbourne Burwood Campus. Monash University later acquired Rusden Campus for student accommodation motive. 

    Deakin University: Highlights

    Deakin University is one of the prominent Australian universities. We have compiled a few details about the university and have put them in a table. You can refer to it for more details.

    University Name

    Deakin University 

    Popular Programs

    LLM, MBA, MEng, MIM, MAcc, BSc Nursing, BCom, BBus, BA, BSc

    Average Course Duration

    3 years

    Eligibility

    IELTS 6.5 or equivalent and GMAT 500 or equivalent GRE

    Entrance Exam

    IELTS 6.5 or equivalent and GMAT 500 or equivalent GRE

    Average Annual Course Fees

    INR 13,73,488 

    Average Annual Salary

    INR 40,92,561 

    Deakin University in Australia: Rankings

    There are three global university ranking bodies – THE, QS, and ARWU. The QS World Rankings have ranked Deakin University at #266 for 2023, and THE World University Rankings have ranked it between 251 and 300. The ARWU has ranked Deakin University between 201 and 300 for 2022.

    Deakin University UG Courses

    Deakin University is one of the finest Australian universities, internationally among the top 1 per cent in the world, where you can enrol in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctorate research and double degrees in various areas such as Business, Technology, and Commerce. In addition, you can choose from around 100 Bachelor's degrees to make a lucrative career in Australia and anywhere in the world. 

    Courses

    Duration

    Ranking

    Exams

    Average Annual Tuition Fees (in INR)

    Bachelor of Business Analytics

    3 years

    251 out of 1200

    IELTS 6.0 or equivalent

    INR 20.5 lakhs 

    Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)

    3 years

    NA

    IELTS 6.0 or equivalent

    INR 20.6 lakhs

    Bachelor of Business (BBus) Sport Management

    3 years

    NA

    IELTS 6.0 or equivalent

    INR 20 lakhs 

    Bachelor of Nursing (BN) or Bachelor of Psychological Science

    4 years

    NA

    IELTS 7.0 or equivalent

    INR 20.2 lakhs 

    Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science or Bachelor of Business (BBus) (Sport Management)

    4 years

    NA

    IELTS 6.0 or equivalent

    INR 21.3 lakhs 

    Bachelor of Software Engineering

    4 years

    NA

    IELTS 6.0 or equivalent

    INR 19.8 lakhs 

    Bachelor of Nursing (BN)

    3 years

    NA

    IELTS 7.0 or equivalent

    INR 20.2 lakhs 

    Bachelor of Construction Management

    4 years

    NA

    IELTS 6.0 or equivalent

    INR 19.4 lakhs

    Bachelor of Forensic Science or Bachelor of Criminology

    4 years

    NA

    IELTS 6.0 or equivalent

    INR 20.8 lakhs 

    Deakin University PG Courses

    Deakin University in Australia offers some of the best Postgraduate degree programs in various fields, such as Business, Commerce, IT, and Management. In addition, you can choose from around 58 Master's degrees to enhance your skills in your selected sector.

    Courses

    Duration

    Exams

    Ranking

    Average Annual Tuition Fees (in INR)

    Master of Business Administration (MBA)

    18 months

    IELTS 6.5, GMAT 500

    NA

    INR 24.4 lakhs 

    Master of Business Administration (MBA) International

    2 years

    IELTS 6.5, GMAT 500

    NA

    INR 23.5 lakhs 

    International Master of Business Administration

    2 years

    IELTS 6.5, GMAT 500

    NA

    INR 23.5 lakhs 

    Master of Business (MBus) Sport Management

    2 years

    IELTS 6.5, GMAT 500

    NA

    INR 22.9 lakhs 

    Master of Law (LLM)

    2 years

    IELTS 7.0 or equivalent

    NA

    INR 11.9 lakhs 

    Master of Engineering (MEng)

    2 years

    IELTS 6.5 or equivalent

    NA

    INR 22.2 lakhs 

    Master of Professional Accounting

    2 years

    IELTS 6.5 or equivalent

    NA

    INR 22.6 lakhs 

    Master of Financial Planning

    18 months

    IELTS 6.5 or equivalent

    NA

    INR 22.6 lakhs 

    Master of Public Health (MPH)

    2 years

    IELTS 6.5 or equivalent

    NA

    INR 20.7 lakhs

    Deakin University Admission Process

    When you enrol at Deakin University, you can study at one of the finest universities in the world. The university is among the top 1 per cent of global universities worldwide. Deakin University in Australia has a trimester-based admission system, which is trimester 1, trimester 2, and trimester 3.

    Eligibility Criteria

    The eligibility criteria for Indian students vary according to their chosen area. Admissions are based on class XII marks. The basic criteria for admission are given below.

    • You need at least a 3-year UG degree or equivalent for Postgraduate degrees.
    • Good academic performance.
    • Good IELTS/TOEFL/PTE score.
    • Good subject-specific score, if applicable.
    • Other criteria apply as per the degree you choose.

    Documents Required

    When you apply to Deakin University, you will have to submit a few documents. These documents are given below. Though the documents required will vary depending on the course and program, the general documents are given below.

    • All academic documents
    • English proficiency test scores
    • Letters Of Recommendation (LORs)
    • Statement Of Purpose (SOP)
    • Valid passport

    Deakin University Acceptance Rate

    The acceptance rate at Deakin University is currently 75%, which is very high. However, the chances of your application getting rejected are 25%, which is very low. If you satisfy all the eligibility criteria, you have a higher chance of getting shortlisted for admission to Deakin University.

    Deakin University Accommodation

    There are four campuses of Deakin University in Australia – Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waurn Ponds, Geelong Waterfront, and Warrnambool. Each campus offers affordable and enjoyable on-campus accommodations to students. However, there can be a weekly expense of 501 AUD for accommodation.

    Deakin University in Australia Scholarships

    Deakin University in Australia is a prestigious global university welcoming 1000s of overseas students each year. However, not all students can afford the tuition fee. To help these students, the university offers many scholarships. Let us see a few of them.

    Name of Scholarship

    Eligibility

    Average Annual Amount (in AUD)

    Deakin Scholarship for Excellence

    For exceptional students

    AUD 5000 

    Deakin Student Support Scholarship

    NA

    AUD 10,000 

    Deakin University in Australia Placement

    Deakin University offers national and international student placement via its Deakin Talent, which acts as a Career and Services cell. The goal is to bring more than 200 students and employers together via its job portal, helping students pursue careers while studying. University graduates earn around AUD 65,000 on average. The following table will help you understand better.

    Job Role

    Average Annual Salary (in AUD)

    Manager

    AUD 1,53,800

    Associate Professor

    AUD 1,50,800

    Organisational Physiologist

    AUD 1,49,000

    Senior Program Manager

    AUD 1,48,500 

    Agile Coach

    AUD 1,37,500 

    We hope to have included all details regarding Deakin University here. If you have any further doubts about the cost of living, scholarships etc., you can refer to our blogs on them. You can also contact AECC to get expert help on everything.

    Still have any doubts? Do you wish to enrol at Deakin University in 2022? Then, connect with AECC. Our expert consultants can help you make the admission process easy and ensure you get selected for your chosen degree program with our expert guidance and professional assistance. So, contact us today and start your study abroad journey.

    FAQs


    Related Posts

    study abroad consultants

    Let's get social.

    Our Partners

    4
    Enquire NowTalk to UsWhatsApp UsExplore Events