MSc Botany Syllabus
The Master of Science in Botany is a postgraduate program in plant biology that aims to explore deeper into the complicated aspects of plant biology. This course covers the depth of the properties, structure, growth, and biochemical processes of plants, algae, and fungi. Laboratory practice, workshops, and incentives for students to pursue research in this area are all part of the MSc Botany curriculum.
Botany is a discipline of biology that focuses on the advanced study of plants. It is a postgraduate degree programme that takes two years to finish. The structure, metabolism, reproduction, evolution, and development of plants and their link with the environment are all covered in this course. The MSc Botany Syllabus comprises core and elective classes covering various topics in this enormous scientific discipline. However, the curriculum for this program may differ from one university to the next.
The following are some of the essential subjects studied in MSc Botany:
- Plant Anatomy and Developmental Biology
- Cell Biology and Biomolecules
- Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, and Gymnosperms
- Mycology and Plant Pathology
- Taxonomy of Angiosperms
- Genetics and Genomics
- Paleobotany and Palynology
- Plant Physiology and Biochemistry
- Phytochemistry and Pharmacognosy
- Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Computer Applications and Bioinformatics
Why Pursue MSc in Botany?
MSc Botany is a two-year degree provided by several schools and universities. This course will teach students to become botanists, mycologists, and phycologists.Agriculture, horticulture, forestry, and environmental science are all covered under botany. The study of plants is essential since life depends on them for survival. MSc Botany admission is divided into merit-based and entrance tests. The latter is the most popular option among universities and institutions.
The course work is divided into four semesters. Core papers will be taught in Semesters I, II, and III. Students will be required to choose one open elective course from another department.
MSc Botany Subjects - Year Wise
Microbiology, Phycology, Cell Biology, Genetics and Genomics, Plant Physiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, and many other subjects are covered in the M.Sc. in Botany. The course program for the M.Sc. in Botany is divided into four parts: foundation, seminars, core, research, and projects. The M.Sc Botany course strives to provide students with all the necessary information to succeed in their careers. The year-wise syllabus is given below:
- Semester 1
- Microbiology, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms, Phycology, Cell Biology and Biomolecules, Plant Anatomy and Developmental Biology.
- Semester 2
- Palaeobotany and Palynology, Taxonomy of Angiosperms, Mycology and Plant Pathology, Genetics and Genomics.
- Semester 3
- Microbial Biotechnology, Plant Physiology, and Pharmacognosy, Plant Molecular Biotechnology and Biology, Plant Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Semester 4
- Computer Applications and Bioinformatics
Top Universities in India for MSc Botany
The list below shows the top Indian colleges that provide MSc Botany courses:
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Hindu College, Delhi University
- Miranda House, New Delhi
- Chandigarh University
- Hansraj College, New Delhi
- PSG College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore
- Christ University, Banglore
- Jain University, Banglore
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Sacred Heart College, Ernakulam
- St. Xavier's College
- Ramjas College, New Delhi
Eligibility Criteria to Study MSc Botany in India
- Candidates must have passed the B.Sc. Exam with a minimum of 40% on the theory exams in the external examinations.
- There is an entrance exam for admission to several reputable institutions and universities.
Admission Process to Study MSc Botany in India
Many Indian colleges may admit students to MSc. Botany programs are based on their graduation grades. However, specific top and reputable institutes in India offer MSc. entrance examinations for admission to the degree program.
Before applying, candidates must confirm the admission process for the specific institute and follow the steps outlined to finish the admission process.
MSc Botany Entrance Exam - India & Abroad
Admissions to MSc Botany programs are typically dependent on entrance exams. Several colleges and institutions accept applicants based on their performance on entrance tests. The following are a few of these admission exams:
- FOR POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS, THE CUT BHU-PET is a university-level entrance exam administered by Banaras Hindu University. It is a two-hour offline exam.
- BHU-PET: This entrance test is held by Delhi University for admission to master's degree programs on the DU campus and in Delhi University's institutions that provide master's degree programs.
- DU Entrance Test (DUET): The Central University Common Entrance Examination (CUCET) is a once-a-year standard entrance examination for central universities. It is an offline exam that grants admission to various undergraduate, graduate, and research programs. It's a two-hour multiple-choice test with only two sections.
- TREE: TREE is a state-level exam that allows students to apply for admission to various undergraduate and graduate programs. To take this entrance exam, you must have received a minimum of 50% in your graduation from a recognised board or university.
- LPU NEST: It's an online exam that allows students to apply for admission to different B. Tech and undergraduate programs.
Best University for MSc in Botany - Abroad
There are lots of colleges and universities to pursue MSc. Botany aboard.
- Washington State Univ.
- Lowa State Univ.
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- University of Missouri
- University of Sheffield
Cost of Study MSc Botany - Abroad
MSc. Abroad costs are pretty decent compared to other courses abroad. While some colleges cost about 99 lakh, colleges like At Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand, cost only 19 lakhs. The average cost is about 30 Lakhs ranging from 19 Lakhs to Crores.
|Cost of Studying in Australia||Cost of Studying in Canada||Cost of Studying in UK|
|Cost of Studying in USA||Cost of Studying in New Zealand||Cost of Studying in Germany|
MSC Botany Jobs & Salary Abroad
Career After MSC Botany Abroad
After completing an M.Sc. in Botany in India or abroad, graduates have an extensive range of job options. Research Scientist, Teachers, Florists, Botanist, Biologist, Plant Genetics, and Biotechnology are some of the greatest M.Sc in Botany compensation packages with higher jobs.
Botany is a branch of biology that examines plants and plant-like organisms. Creatures such as algae and fungi. Plant Physiology, Structure, Classification, Genetics, Distribution, Economic Importance, and Ecology are all scientifically studied. A botanist's job entails fieldwork and research in laboratories and researching plants in their natural habitat. Botany is a rewarding job choice for those passionate about the subject.
Botanists are scientists who specialise in the study of plant development, flowering, structure, evolution, and applications. They are experts in plant taxonomy, ecology, and chemical biology. They conduct in-depth research and scientific innovation in plant photosynthesis, evolution, and the medicinal value of various plant species. As a botanist, you can explore different employment options in such a fascinating field. Various government organisations worldwide are now emphasising the importance of the environment and planting trees and flowers while taking environmental concerns into account. As a result, botanists are in high need to safeguard the ecosystem from further damage in today's world.
AECC Global is one of the world's leading educational consultancies with versatile expert professionals who are ready to help you with any queries you may have. Contact us so we can be of assistance to you in your journey of fulfilling your dream.