GMAT Exam 2022: Highlights, Eligibility, Fees, Syllabus, Preparation & Score
GMAT is the Graduate Management Admission Test, a common global exam conducted for Management aspirants by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) to evaluate their eligibility to enter into Business schools.
What is the GMAT Exam?
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a standardised computer-based test that primarily tests the analytical thinking, integrated reasoning, quantitative skills, and verbal reasoning of MBA and MS aspirants in Finance. These skills are analysed to assess their knowledge and proficiency to determine their capacity to perform well in their graduate business administration programs as well as to enter into eminent business schools. The GMAT test is a globally conducted exam and not restricted to a particular nation.
Why is GMAT Exam Required?
GMAT Exam is required and made necessary to make it easier for the business schools to judge students’ capability; here, we mean the business administration aspirants, from a uniform singular exam. Secondly, the GMAT has been proved to precisely assess the students’ skills and precision in understanding the concepts of the management programs.
GMAT Exam: Highlights
Graduate Management Admission Test
Conducted and Administered by
Graduate Management Admission Council.
Online (Computer-Adaptive Test)
Can be attended five times a year and eight times a lifetime.
Types of Questions
MCQ and Non-MCQ
3 hours and 7 minutes.
Number of Sections
Analytical Writing Assessment
Integrated Reasoning Skills
Date of Exam
No specific date.
Should be between 200 to 800. To join top schools, the score should be above 750+.
Proofs and Documents needed
Aadhar Card and Pan Card (for Indians), but for others, Driving License, Passports, and Mark Sheets (10, +2, UG and PG).
Scores Valid for
Full Five years
Help Desk Number
+91 124 4945270
GMAT Exam: Latest Update 2022
- Usually, the number of times a student can attend the GMAT exam is 2 times. Now the restriction has been lifted, and students are free to attend the exam for 5 times a year. Students should give 16 days gap between two exams. The number of times students can attend the exam in their lifetime is 8.
- By taking the exam Online, students can get 5 free score reports. The score reports should be used within 48 hours. Additional reports can be purchased for $35.
- The unofficial score report will be immediately available after the end of the exam.
- GMAT Test takers can select their section order.
- Test Takers can take two 8-minute optional breaks.
- The Analytical Writing Assessment will be included in the GMAT Online exam.
GMAT Exam Eligibility
Any student having a graduate degree from an established college or institute is qualified to attend the exam. GMAC has not stated any maximum qualification for students to take up the exam.
GMAT Exam Fees
The GMAT Exam fees vary depending on the location. In India, the GMAT Exam fee varies depending on the preference of the students. If it’s taken Online in a home-based environment it is $250 and if it is taken in a test centre it is $275.
Type of Fee
GMAT Registration Fee
$50 (60 Days before the appointment) $100 (15-60 Days before the appointment) $140 (14 Days before the appointment)
$100 Refund (60 Days before the appointment) $75 Refund (15-60 Days before the appointment) $50 Refund (14 Days before the appointment)
Enhanced Score Report
Score Cancellation Fee After Leaving the Test Centre
Additional Score Report
Rescoring for AWA Essay
GMAT Exam Pattern
The GMAT Exam has four sections, mainly Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA), Integrated Reasoning (IR), Quantitative Reasoning (QR) and Verbal Reasoning (VR). There are three orders in which the exam can be taken. They are,
- First Order - Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning.
- Second-Order - Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing Assessment(AWA).
- Third-Order - Quantitative, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing Assessment.
Analytical Writing Assessment
GMAT Exam Syllabus
- Analytical Writing Assessment - Argument Essay and Issue Essay.
- Integrated Reasoning - Table Analysis, Two-part Analysis, Multi-Source Reasoning and Graphics Interpretation.
- Quantitative Reasoning - Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving.
- Verbal Reasoning - Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning and Sentence Correction.
GMAT Exam Dates 2022
GMAT 2022 Registration Dates
Open throughout the year
GMAT Examination Dates
Students have the flexibility to choose the date during registration.
GMAT Result Declaration
Within 20 days after taking the test.
The process for registering for GMAT is simple and easy. Follow the steps for successful registration for the GMAT exam.
- Visit the official GMAT website www.mba.com and sign up.
- Gather all the necessary educational documents to fill in the Online application form for the GMAT.
- 10th mark sheet.
- 12th mark sheet.
- Graduation mark sheet (optional).
- Adhaar card
- Driving License
- Passport (optional)
- Military Id (optional)
- ID Card (national or optional)
- Registration Card - Green Card, Permanent Residence, Visa (Optional)
- Debit Card/ Credit Card/ UPI Id.
- Initiate the GMAT registration process by filling in the personal information.
- Full name as mentioned in your passport.
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- Payment Information (Credit Card/Debit Card)
- Educational history (optional)
- Work history (optional)
- Native language (optional)
- Verify your profile
- Schedule your GMAT exam - Students can select three centres of their choice.
- Pay the GMAT registration fee.
How to Prepare for GMAT?
To successfully pass the GMAT exam, students should have an impactful study plan to turn their dreams of passing the exam into reality with high scores. We give you ten tips to help you prepare for the exam to score top marks.
- Prepare a GMAT study plan beforehand.
- Understand the test sections and include them in your plan.
- Choose your GMAT prep materials wisely.
- Know your GMAT low-scoring points and work on them.
- Work out the questions with time limits.
- Don’t get stuck on a question.
- Practice the process of elimination on the GMAT Exam.
- Develop the habit of understanding a question through symbols, charts and tables.
- Enhance your mental ability as part of the study plan.
- Be keen on learning difficult and advanced questions.
How to Check GMAT Results?
After attending the exam, students will get their results within 20 calendar days. Once their scores are reportable, Pearson Vue will send them an email of their scores. Students may view, download or print their Official Score Report by visiting “My Account” on the GMAT official website www.mba.com. If students need further assistance, they may contact [email protected]
Average GMAT Score
Analytical Writing Assessment
GMAT Accepted Colleges
- Stanford University
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Chicago
- Columbia University
- Northwestern University
- London Business School
- Said Business School, University of Oxford
- Imperial College London
- Warwick Business School, University of Warwick
- University of Cambridge
- Cranfield School of Management
- Alliance Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester
- Strathclyde Business School
- Durham University Business School
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- Queen’s University
- The University of British Columbia
- The University of Western Ontario
- York University
- Universite de Montreal
- University of Alberta
- McMaster University
- The University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales
- Australian National University
- The University of Sydney
GMAT vs GRE
Here, we lay down the crucial differences between the top exams, GMAT and GRE.
If students plan to get into business schools to study graduate programs
If students are unsure of the type of graduate program they want to attend.
Almost 2300 business schools accept the GMAT
The test fee is $205
The test fee is $250