Benefits of Studying in Ireland for Indian Students
Situated on the western fringes of Europe, Ireland is an island known for its vast stretches of vibrant emerald meadows and stunning castles. With a whole lot of character and zest for life, Ireland is a country that offers you the best of both worlds – the green countryside and a vibrant urban lifestyle.
While its stunning natural beauty and magnificent cities certainly contribute to its charm, there are compelling reasons why studying in Ireland has become increasingly sought after by international students.
Ireland is known for its reputation as a world-class institution offering extensive courses and abundant work opportunities, making it an ideal destination for international students. A technology hub with big corporate giants and many leading companies having their European headquarters here, Ireland will assure you of a holistic experience that goes beyond your studies. The low tuition fee, affordable living costs, and post-study work visa are only some of the added advantages of studying in Ireland.
So, in this blog, we will explore the benefits of studying in Ireland for Indian students, along with the study opportunities in Ireland and some interesting facts about this beautiful country.
Top Reasons to Study in Ireland for Indian Students
Ireland is the best destination for Indian students, known for its top universities, affordable education, and post-study work visas. However, there are a lot more reasons to consider studying in Ireland. If you are planning to study in Ireland, you need to know a lot more about what this beautiful country has to offer. So, let us look at all the top reasons why Ireland is among the top study destinations for International students.
- High-Quality Education: The Irish education system is globally renowned for offering excellent education. The universities and colleges there are among the top 5 % in the world rankings, offering students top-notch education and research opportunities. From the top league MBA colleges to big-tech universities, Ireland boasts some of the most highly-ranked universities and colleges from all around the world. These include Trinity College Dublin, University of Dublin, University College Dublin, and National University of Ireland, Galway. Thus, higher education in Ireland is always a good choice.
- English Language Proficiency: As an English-speaking country, Irish universities provide a unique opportunity for students to immerse themselves in an English-speaking environment. This not only enhances their language proficiency but also equips them with strong communication skills, which are invaluable in the present global job market. For admission to Irish institutes, international students only need to submit an English proficiency certificate from an authorised test provider like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Post-study work visa in Ireland: Among all the EEA member countries, Ireland offers the most attractive post-study work opportunities. After completing the degrees, international graduates can avail themselves of the Third Level Graduate Scheme, allowing them to stay in Ireland for up to two years to gain practical work experience. It helps international students to work in Ireland after their studies and apply for a green card/work permit. For a graduation degree, one-year stayback is allowed, and for post-graduation, 2-year stayback is permitted.
- Affordable education: In comparison to the US, UK, and Australia, you can get affordable education in Ireland. The reason behind this is that the government of Ireland offers financial support to most universities. The average Undergraduate course fees in Ireland range between €10,000 - €30,000, and the Postgraduate fees range from €10,000 - €35,000. Apart from the tuition fee, the average cost of living in Ireland is also quite affordable. On average, an International student can spend the month with up to €1000 - €1500.
- Scholarships: There are ample scholarship programs in Ireland for international students. These scholarships can cover up to 100% of tuition fees and sometimes also additional expenses. Here is a list of popular scholarships for international students in Ireland.
- Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme
- Centenary Scholarship Program
- Central Bank of Ireland Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
- The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programm
- Scholarships by the Irish Research Council for Humanities and Social Sciences (IRCHSS)
- Hub for corporate giants: Ireland is the hub for the top MNCs in the pharmaceutical, agriculture, and technology sectors, which provide multiple job opportunities to students. With its liberal FDI policies and ease of doing business, Ireland hosts more than 1000 big multinational corporations that open doors for talent, creating abundant opportunities for career growth and international exposure. Even big tech giants such as Google, Facebook, Airbnb, Roche, Abbott, and others – have their European headquarters in Ireland. So, whether you are applying for an Undergraduate course or a graduate program, there is no shortage of employment prospects after studying in Ireland, which answers the doubt, "Why study in Ireland?"
- Safety and Peace: Ireland consistently ranks as one of the safest countries in the world. This reputation for safety means students can focus on their studies and personal growth with zero security concerns, contributing to a more relaxed and productive learning environment. Secondly, Ireland is renowned for its open and welcoming culture, where students from all over the world can interact and learn from each other's experiences. So, undoubtedly, student life in Ireland is going to be memorable. The cultural diversity in Ireland and research opportunities in Ireland are also wide.
Fun Facts About Ireland
Here are a few fun facts about Ireland that capture some of the history, richness, and cultural diversity of Ireland.
- Ireland is renowned as the "Emerald Isle" due to its lush green landscapes.
- Ireland is one of the few countries with no native snake population.
- The famous dark beer Guinness was brewed in Dublin and is an integral part of Irish culture.
- Ireland has more sheep than people, with a sheep population of over 6 million.
- Irish coffee, made with whiskey, sugar, coffee, and cream, is a beloved beverage.
- The potato is a staple in Irish cuisine, and Ireland was historically heavily dependent on it.
- Kissing the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle is said to grant the gift of eloquence.
- Irish people are known for their friendliness and hospitality, often welcoming visitors with a warm smile and a chat.
- Ireland has the highest percentage of red-haired people globally, with about 10% of the population having red hair.
- Many Irish surnames start with "O" or "Mac," meaning "descendant of." For example, O'Connor means "descendant of Connor.
We hope this information answers your question about the benefits of studying in Ireland for Indian students. Ireland is a fantastic option for everyone who wants to study in an English-speaking foreign country at an affordable cost.
If you are in the same boat, it's time to turn your Irish dream into reality. Study abroad from Ireland today!
For any further questions: Feel free to Connect with AECC - Your Study Abroad Expert, Today!
It's time to turn dreams into reality !! Launching your Irish education journey from India - let's turn dreams into degrees!
Why is Ireland the best country to study abroad?
Ireland is the best study destination renowned internationally for academic quality and world-class education with promising career options, all at an affordable cost.
Which city in Ireland has the most international students?
The city of Dublin has one of the highest number of international students.
What are some top universities in Ireland?
Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, and University of Galway are among the top universities in Ireland.
What is the cost of studying in Ireland?
The average cost of tuition fee for UG courses ranges from €10,000 - €30,000. For Master's courses, the tuition fee is around €10,000- €€35,000 per year.
Can I get scholarships to study in Ireland?
Yes, there are various scholarships available for international students in Ireland. These scholarships are offered from different sources, such as the Government of Ireland, the Irish higher education institutions, and other organizations..