Have you always wanted to study diploma courses in Australia? You are not alone as there are many Diploma courses in Australia for Indian students and international students. Australia, over time, has become a sought-after destination for many students worldwide to study. From short-term courses to affordable costs of living and learning, Australia has something for you.
Studying in Australia allows you to experience and take advantage of the tremendous academic environment at a better level. The country has some of the best engineering and business schools. This article is for you if you think of a short-term program to pursue. We have compiled comprehensive lists and details of everything about diploma courses in Australia. Keep reading to learn more!
Why Pursue Diploma Courses in Australia?
There are so many reasons we can think of why you pursue diploma courses in Australia. From the happy and friendly people to some others listed below.
- Australian universities are known worldwide for their academic excellence. They are the top five destinations for study, and they certainly earn that space. You get the best form of education offered, and their universities always appear in international ranking yearly. This is a testament to the quality of what they do for international students and domestic students alike.
- Availability of internships and work placements. Australian universities always include either internship or work placement as part of their study program. This opportunity enables you to develop valuable real-life experience of what to expect from different types of careers and jobs. Internship and work placements also pave the way to a greater understanding of crucial skills such as theoretical knowledge, practical and soft skills, and digital know-how needed as an employee.
- Conducive and welcoming student environment. Australia is known for its consistent support of international students. Some cities even have dedicated places where international students can go and get help regarding networking, legal rights, and finding accommodation, among many other things.
When you make a decision to study in Australia, you know you have made the right decision once you step foot in the country.
List of Diploma Courses in Australia
Australian universities offer many different diploma courses under distinct specialisations and areas of study. These diploma courses range from STEM programs to graphic designing and much more. You will indeed find a great fit for you no matter your preferences. Find below a comprehensive list of the best diploma courses in Australia.
- Diploma of Laws
- Diploma in Exercise and Sport Science
- Diploma of Endogenous Policy Development
- Graduate Diploma if Land Surveying
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Diploma of Science
- Diploma of Emergency Disaster
- Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Arts
- Diploma in Health Research
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science
- Diploma in Network Engineering
- Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy
- Diploma in English
- Diploma in Fine Arts
There are many more types of diplomas offered by Australian universities. So make sure you check the university website to know more.
Eligibility Requirements to Study Diploma Courses in Australia
To apply for a diploma course in an Australian university, you need to meet the academic requirement of the university and provide an English language proficiency score. Below are what you need to study diploma in Australia.
- Age requirement of at least 16 years. Some universities will defer admission if your age does not meet their need.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma with 24 points for Arts and IT and 25 points for Applied data science and engineering.
- Indian secondary school certificate XI with a 60%
- Indian secondary school XII with at least 50% and 55% for Arts and IT and 65% for engineering and applied data science.
- You must all meet additional prerequisite subjects equivalent to an Australian year 11.
As usual, always remember to visit the university website and check for their desired course of study requirements.
Admission Process to Study Diploma Courses in Australia
The admission process to study diploma courses in Australian universities is explained below.
Step 1: Choose your desired course and university.
Before you apply to any university, you have to conduct careful research about the course, the university, and the location. You should also think about your areas of expertise, such as what every course offers, and which specialization aligns best with your career aspirations.
Once you have that, you can choose the university that best suits your needs. Also, remember to check the campus size of the university, the facilities available, and the support they provide for international students.
Step 2: Proceed to submit your application.
Remember to ensure you are eligible to apply before you start or submit an application. To check your eligibility status, go to the university's website. Under the course, you want to study, check eligibility. Because if you don't meet the eligibility requirement, your application may be declined.
Contact the university if you have any questions. And ask about application deadlines, English proficiency tests, and any other questions. Also, remember that every university's requirement differs. You should check your eligibility status for all institutions before applying.
Below is a list of documents you may be asked to submit to support your application.
All that remains is for you to submit your application. Now is to wait for an offer. Once you get the offer, you should accept it and plan to study your dream diploma course in Australia.
Top Universities for Diploma Courses in Australia
Australian universities offer diploma courses that are flexible with an affordable fee structure. Below is a list of top universities for diploma courses in Australia.
- University of Canberra
- University of New South Wales
- Charles Darwin University
- University Newcastle
- Australian National University
- University of Sydney
- University of Queensland
- University of Wollongong
- Bond University
One Year Diploma Courses in Australia
Whether it is a one-year diploma course after your 12th science or not, diploma courses are designed to give you practical training in your chosen field. Once you are done, you become an individual versed in your area and ready for the industry. Apart from the hands-on experience you gain, a one-year diploma course makes it easy for you to finalise a discipline you want to specialise in for your career.
How Much Does Diploma Course Cost in Australia
The cost of your diploma depends on how many subjects (electives) you choose to take. Each elective incurs a specific amount, as the more the chosen subject, the more it will cost you to get a diploma. However, you should be looking to spend between $4000 to $8000 per year. Some diplomas are more expensive than others, so ensure you have all your information correct before starting your course.
Student Visa for Diploma Courses in Australia
International students wishing to study in Australia, be it a diploma or any other level, are encouraged to get the subclass 572 student visa. This visa covers students who plan to get certificates I, II, III, and IV and advanced diplomas.
Jobs and Salary for Diploma Courses in Australia
There are several jobs for diploma students in Australia with an average salary of $66,000 annually. That is about $34 per hour. Entry-level positions offer competitive salaries starting from $61,000, while experienced workers earn $99,000 per annum. The types of jobs range from diploma-trained educators or early childhood teachers with a salary range of AUD$26-AUD$29 per hour. Graduate diploma registered nurses in mental health programs can earn as high as $89,000.
These are not the only jobs available. We are sure you won't find it hard to get a job once you earn your diploma certificate in Australia.
Scope After Diploma Programs in Australia
As the academic year comes to a close, many overseas students consider their future steps. Need some tips to help you in your endeavour? Below are some things you can do after your diploma program in Australia.
- Further your studies. You have the option of improving your education and getting a higher degree to increase and boost your chances in society.
- Go back home. We understand that you may have missed everyone back home and can't wait any longer. Plus, if you know that your diploma will get you a better job back home, that is a great choice.
- Extend your stay. You can extend your stay to work or travel. There are different types of visas that you can apply for.
Australia is a lovely country with some of the most excellent universities and courses for international students worldwide. Indian students can opt for diploma courses for several reasons, including maximising their funds or understanding what their chosen field has in store for them. We hope this article helps with all the information you need to make an informed decision.
AECC Global is one of the world's leading educational consultancies with versatile expert professionals who are ready to help you with any queries you may have. Contact us so we can be of assistance to you in your journey of fulfilling your dream.
FAQs About Diploma Courses in Australia
Which diplomas are in demand in Australia?
The diploma courses that are popular in Australia are, Biomedical Engineering, Core Engineering, Earth Sciences, Computer Science and Information Technology (IT), Psychology, Tourism and Travel Management, Business Management and Business (Data) Analytics and Medicine, etc.
How much does it cost to study Diploma in Australia?
Diploma in Australia costs around $20,000 for a year.
How long is a diploma course in Australia?
Diploma in Australia takes around one or two years to complete.
Which diploma course is best for PR in Australia?
Engineering, IT, Software Engineering, Health and Welfare, Nursing, Teaching and Education, Medicine are some of the top diploma courses which can help students get PR in Australia.