Ireland Student Visa for Indian Students
To realise your goal of studying in Ireland, you must complete a lengthy list of chores such as choosing the correct course or university, knowing the admission procedure, visa requirements, locating suitable accommodation, etc. However, the most important of these processes is obtaining a student visa to study in Ireland. Students are generally recommended to begin working on their visa applications when their preferred university accepts them. This blog gives an in-depth overview of the Ireland Student Visa application process.
The International Student Visa Ireland is easy to get with the right help and guidance that AECC Global thrives on. Specifically, getting an Ireland Student Visa from Nigeria has been simplified with AECC Global’s expert counsellors.
Ireland Student Visa Latest Updates For Indian Students
Here is the latest update on Ireland student visas for international students:
- VFS Global is gradually restoring services for Indian students and nationals wishing to visit Ireland this year. It has reopened visa applications while adhering to health and safety regulations and local government recommendations.
- International students entirely vaccinated do not need to be quarantined in Ireland after arrival.
- Ireland is one of the European nations that has added Covishield to the list of authorised vaccines under the green pass.
- International students from the EU/EEA or Switzerland who desire to study in Ireland do not require an Irish student visa.
Types Of Ireland Student Visa From India
Ireland, often known as the Land of Saints and Scholars, is a country in Europe world-renowned for its high-quality academic programmes at reasonable prices and top-ranked colleges that provide the most insightful information and exposure to every subject of study. A student visa is required to study a programme of your choosing at an Irish institution. The Ireland study visa differs depending on nationality; therefore, as an Indian student, you have two visa possibilities.
- If your chosen programme is a short-term course with a length of fewer than three months, you must apply for a C Student Visa.
- If your selected programme is more than three months in length, you will need to apply for the D Student Visa.
Ireland Student Visa Requirements for Indian Students
If you want to get an Ireland student visa, you must first meet the immigration authorities' qualifying requirements. We've developed a list of the most important specifications you should be aware of before applying for a student visa to Ireland from India:
Academic credentials and qualifications demonstrate that you meet your selected course and university prerequisites.
two passport-sized colour pictures (should not be more than six months old)
Your current passport and a copy of any prior passports (if any)
An acceptance letter from a college or university announces that you have been accepted into the institution's selected programme.
Indian Students must be at least 18 years old to be considered.
Scorecard from any English language proficiency test, such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
Admission fee receipt or any other proof indicating that the complete programme price has been paid
Evidence of sufficient money to study in Ireland during your studies.
Obtaining Private Medical Insurance is also a prerequisite when applying for an Ireland Student Visa.
Documents outlining the reasons for any breaks in your educational career.
Documents indicate your intention to return to your place of permanent residence when your student visa expires or your course is completed.
Along with this, you must submit a signed letter of application with your contact information and the following:
Mentioning the purpose of your visit to Ireland;
Details about any family members currently residing in Ireland or any other EU member state
It affirms that you will follow the terms of your Visa and will depart the country when it expires.
Outlining where you now want to follow your chosen course does not coincide with your educational or job records, i.e. you have not pursued it elsewhere, therefore presenting solid grounds with documentation evidence for this change.
Eligibility Criteria For Ireland Student Visa
- Indian Students must be at least 18 years old.
- Non-EEA students having Stamp 2 authorisation to stay are permitted to work casually. They can work up to 20 hours per week during the school year and up to 40 hours per week during the summer.
- Non-EU/EEA postgraduate students working on their dissertations beyond their tests are not permitted to work more than 20 hours part-time per week during the summer vacation from college since they are still considered to be in a full-time study by the GNIB.
Documents Required To Study Ireland Student Visa
Applicants would be required to bring the following documents to the visa centre. These include:
Two passport-sized colour pictures that are no older than six months (refer to the website of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service for photograph specifications)
Your current passport and a complete copy of any prior passports
A signed letter of application with your complete contact information
You must show documentation of enrollment in a privately financed course.
Evidence that takes into consideration any gaps in your educational background
The college's evidence fees have been paid.
Evidence showing you have the intellectual abilities to pursue your desired line of study
Evidence of your command of the English language (often in the form of a TOEFL or IELTS, or PTE test score)
Evidence that you have the money to sustain yourself while studying in Ireland includes candidates demonstrating immediate access to at least €7,000. This is the projected cost of living in Ireland for one academic year for a student. They must also show that they and their sponsor(s) have ready access to at least €7,000 for each additional year of study and course costs. If the course lasts shorter than six months, the candidate must have access to €500 each month of their stay or €3000, whichever is less.
Medical Insurance for Individuals
Visa Refusals in the Past
An agreement declares that the applicant plans to return home after completing their study in Ireland.
Additional paperwork is required for unaccompanied minors under the age of 18.
Parental/legal guardian consent
Certificate of accommodation and vetting
Other family members have no right to accompany or join the student in the State.
Ireland Student Visa Process
These are important to remember on the day of your Ireland Student Visa application appointment.
Plan to arrive at the visa application centre 15 minutes early on the day of your appointment.
Bring your paperwork with you.
You will be given a token when you arrive at the visa application centre. To make your application, wait till your token is called.
When the visa application procedure is completed, you will receive an acknowledgement receipt.
Ireland Student Visa Processing Time
The processing period for an Ireland Student Visa varies based on where you submit your application. Typically, the applicant will receive a response within four to eight weeks of submitting his application to the Visa Office/Embassy/Consulate.
How To Apply For Ireland Student Visa
You may easily apply for an Ireland student visa online via the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service's official website (INIS). To avoid any form of disagreement, make sure you accurately fill in all the facts. Aspirants should apply for a student visa at least three months before their intended visit date, as the process it can take up to eight weeks. The following is a step-by-step guide to applying for an Ireland Student Visa:
Post-Study Work Options For Ireland Student Visa
Students from the EU and the EEA are free to work in Ireland, whether full-time or part-time. Students from outside the EU/EEA are welcome to apply for the following positions:
- Part-time: During semesters, you may work up to 20 hours per week.
- Full-time: 40 hours per week, 40 hours per week on planned holidays
They must, however, satisfy the following criteria to get a work visa in Ireland:
- Hold a GNIB card, a registration certificate provided by the Irish Immigration Office upon arrival.
- Enrol in a programme of study that is on the list of visa-eligible classes maintained by the government.
Ireland Student Visa Application Online
- Fill out the online application form.
- Check the contact information for the Irish Embassy to which you will be sending your papers.
- Please submit a passport-sized picture.
- Check if the passport is valid for at least a year.
- Make the application fee payment.
- Provide a letter with your signature describing why you require the Visa.
- Acceptance letter from an Irish school/college/university confirming enrollment and acceptance for a full-time education course, including at least 15 hours of daytime tuition organised weekly.
Ireland Student Visa Application Online Processing Time
The processing period for a student visa in Ireland is typically 4-8 weeks from the date of application. However, you should apply for an Ireland student visa at least three months before your trip.
This article should have helped you understand the application procedure and the materials you'll need to apply for an Ireland Student Visa. Need assistance with submitting a flawless student visa application to the desired study location? Contact us for a free consultation session with our AECC Global specialists. We will help you through the visa application process, ensuring that you submit it on time and receive the student visa to make your goal of studying abroad a reality!
FAQs About Ireland Student Visa
No. Ireland in general has a low visa rejection rate. Thus making it a popular study-abroad destination.