Why International students prefer studying in Australia, despite the pandemic
The world is full of wonderful things you haven't seen yet. Don't ever give up on the chance of seeing them.-J.K. Rowling
When one thinks about Australia, what are the first things that come to mind?
Though Koalas and Kangaroos, as well as large outback areas, are recognized, Australia's outstanding education system is also famed. Students who are attracted by the laid-back countryside and friendly nature, hospitality, and great living standards choose to study abroad in Australia.
Down to 2021, international students in Australia will have uncertainty about their return to their destinations as travel disturbances arising from the Covid-19 pandemic. It can be confusing to keep up with the most recent information on travel restrictions, with near-constant updates and rule changes from country to country. This is particularly true for students from abroad who had to handle online learning while keeping up with recent announcements of travel.
- Student visas for Australia were authorized and awarded to about 50,000 students in India as of August 2020, and few courses were conducted online.
- When Australia's International borders are open, students who have initiated their study online and also hold a valid student visa will be given preference.
- Australia would abolish all limitations on admission passengers and allow students, economic and humanitarian holders to lift the restrictions once 80% of their country's citizens – and that may be the case.
- Students who complete their studies in Australia through online mode are welcomed by the government for post-study work.
- The Government of Australia will resume providing student visas, so when borders are reopened, students will already have visas available and may make arrangements for travel. If Covid-19 has interrupted access to these services, they will also have more time to provide English proficiency data.
- As of 24 August 2021, 524,000 international students lived in cities and localities across Australia.
What if you're already enrolled to start this year as an International student in Australia?
You need to know how the coronavirus pandemic can affect your academics when you have obtained a place at your dream school. It is crucial to recognize that each country has reacted to the crisis differently and has recovered at different phases. Some countries are already returning to some kind of normality while others are still strictly restricted.
You can get in touch with AECC Global! We will help you out in every way possible.
Some differences you might face include:
- Online education at or beyond the beginning of term
- Travel funded by the limited university
- Restricted attendance to lectures and tutorials
- Change in date of commencement
- Mid-term restoration
- Sport and other university events cancellation
You should be able to find more information by contacting us. Remember that the situation is constantly changing, so keep in touch with us for the latest updates.
Can you still study abroad as an International student in Australia?
Many universities welcome applications internationally. However, it will depend on your constraints in the country you wish to study and in your own country whether or not you can study abroad.
Here are a few reasons why Australia is highly preferred by Indian students for their higher studies:
- Globally Recognized Degree- Australian University degrees are recognized worldwide. Australian graduates succeed enormously in getting jobs and other jobs following their studies.
- Education- Australia's offers high quality education. It not only provides the best facilities accessible but also offers a wide selection of courses for practically anybody.
- Work Permit- The independence for international students in Australia to work up to 40 hours every quarter allows them the chance to earn money and also the experience to meet various individuals.
- Multiculturalism- There's a rich culture in Australia. The Australian government is primarily open to all cultures and promotes cultural diversity. In other words, in this country, you never feel lonely because you meet people of your own and other cultures, and you are connected with them.
- Job opportunities- Other countries may close employment doors for you, or perhaps just selective professions, after your education, but there are many opportunities in Australia to work post-college and a variety of occupations.
One's destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things.-Henry Miller
Can international students in Australia study online? Yes, international students in Australia can study in the institutions, online. More than 10,000 foreign students are enrolled externally at Australian Institutions at any time.
Can I study online at an Australian university?
Most universities in Australia support international distance education. However, if your degree is to be completed without visiting Australia, the course selections can be limited.
- Some sorts of courses are not given online for practical reasons (e.g. medicine).
- Occasional campus sessions are necessary for a number of other courses (e.g. professional engineering).
How much does online study cost?
Tuition fees for online learning are similar to those for students on campus. The tuition charge of a company degree is $20,000+ (Australian dollars) annually as instruction on fees. Online learning prices are usually a little lower because far-reaching universities normally pay reduced fees.
Of course, online learning is cheaper in that you don't have to leave home. It is also a comfortable part-time study method. Most online students in Australia mix full-time or part-time studies with full-time.
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.-Nelson Mandela
Check out our website for all the information required to study in Australia and join India's largest virtual education fair, 2021. Get a chance to interact with universities from Australia on one platform! Visit us virtually from the comfort of your home and fulfill your goals! We also have offices in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, where you can avail of our full support throughout your academic journey.
To get more information about Australia and your studying abroad options in Australia, contact us. You can visit our office to know the courses that will fit your plans of Studying Abroad. You can also visit us on AECC Global India for more details on free counseling and Overseas Education.