Score Big in English Proficiency Exams
Score Big in English Proficiency Exams
The Graduate Management Admission Test or GMAT is a Management entrance exam that is conducted throughout the year. This test gives you the opportunity to select your preferred time slot and availability, making it a popular choice among students. If you are thinking about stepping into the exciting world of business schools and finance, then you're in for a treat because we're here to talk about something called the GMAT. The GMAT, which stands for Graduate Management Admission Test, is a bit like a super-smart computer test. It checks how good you are at writing, using numbers, speaking well, and understanding written English. In India, if you want to take the GMAT at a test centre, you will have to pay roughly INR 22,800 (USD 275) as GMAT fees. But if you prefer doing it online, that will be around INR 24,600 (USD 300).
Why should you care about the GMAT? Well, it can help you get into those top-notch MBA and Masters in Finance programs. Do you know 9 out of 10 new MBA students get in with a good GMAT score?
This blog is your guide to GMAT registration. We will cover everything from how to register for the GMAT to the tips for a smooth registration process. Read further so that you do not miss out on anything related to the GMAT registration process, the registration portal, and everything else.
How to Register for the GMAT Exam?
The GMAT registration portal is open throughout the year, and you can register for the test from six months to 24 hours before your time for the test. There are three ways to register for the GMAT exam. They are
- Phone Call
- Postal Mail
The steps to register for GMAT online are as follows.
- Visit the official website of GMAT.
- Create a profile.
- Enter your personal details and personal information and verify your profile.
- Schedule your GMAT test date and GMAT test centre.
- Confirm your details.
- Pay the GMAT fees.
- You will receive a confirmation through email.
GMAT Registration Fee: 2023-24
The GMAT registration fee comes to around INR 22,800 (USD 275) if you take the test at a test centre. Similarly, you will have to pay around INR 24,600 (USD 300) if you take the test online. You will also have to pay for cancellation and rescheduling of the GMAT exam.
- If you decide to reschedule your GMAT exam within 1 to 14 days before your scheduled appointment, you will need to make a payment of USD 165 (INR 13,642) for the in-person GMAT at a test centre or USD 180 (INR 13,642) for the online GMAT taken at home. Rescheduling between 15 to 60 days before the GMAT test date will require a fee of USD 110 (INR 9095) for the test centre exam and USD 120 (INR 9922) for the online home-based GMAT. For rescheduling more than 60 days before the GMAT exam, the costs will be USD 55 (INR 4547) for the test centre and USD 60 (INR 4961) for the online version.
- If you choose to cancel your GMAT exam 1 to 14 days before the appointment, you will receive a refund of USD 55 (INR 4547) for the test centre GMAT and USD 60 (INR 4961) for the online at-home GMAT. Cancelling 15 to 60 days before the appointment will get you a refund of USD 80 (INR 6614) for the test centre GMAT and USD 90 (INR 7441) for the online GMAT at home. If you decide to cancel more than 60 days before the GMAT test date, you will be eligible for a refund of USD 110 (9095) for the test centre GMAT and USD 120 (INR 9922) for the online GMAT at home.
How to Book A GMAT Slot?
With the growing number of applicants each year, it is advised not to delay your GMAT registration. Instead, consider completing this process while preparing for the exam. As mentioned, you can register for the GMAT six months to 24 hours before your test day. It is a good idea to secure your slot at least a month ahead of your intended test day. This is particularly important during the busy season, which typically comes around November annually. For those peak periods, it is recommended to lock in your GMAT exam slot around 3 to 4 months in advance of your planned attempt date.To sum up, GMAT registration is an easy process, you first need to choose your preferred test date and test centre and then move on to deciding your preferred medium for GMAT registration. You should also take care to avoid making mistakes during your GMAT registration process to ensure that you have a smooth test-taking experience. If you have any further queries, you can reach out to AECC’s expert counsellors. We will be available any time to help you on every step of your study abroad journey. Do not hesitate to contact us for FREE assistance!