What Students Read
Answers to your Any and Every Study Abroad Queries, All in One Space!

Read on to get your latest updates on Universities, Courses Offered, Student Visa Updates, and lots more!

Non-SPP Colleges in Canada For Indian Students


The most common demand of today's generation is to study abroad. But the question that arises in front of them is their safety. So, Canada is known for its student-friendly environment that whips up progress and quality in education. Various top-ranked universities develop standard education over Several disciplines at low costs.

SPP is meant to make this process of admissions and visa applications simple for the colleges of the Canadian Community. The complete form of the SPP is Student Partners Program. Such a program is meant exclusively for Indian students. They are applying to the below-mentioned colleges or below-mentioned universities. However, Non-SPP colleges in Canada don't come under the category of the Student Partners Program, which is conducted by CIC or known as Citizenship and Immigration Canada, along with ACC or the Association of Canadian Community Colleges. For such academic institutions, even the application process and the admission are exhaustive and quite stretched.

For international students, Canada is considered one of the most Secured countries globally because of its low crime rates. There are several procedures to get admission to Canadian universities and colleges. The candidates are looking to pull their feet into non-SPP Colleges in Canada. Here is a blog that will provide all the necessary information about non-spp colleges in Canada and several other technicalities linked to admission to these colleges.

What are Non-SPP Colleges in Canada Mean?

Non-SPP colleges stand for the non-student partnership program, the opposite of the student partnership program, i.e. SPP. These Colleges don't come under the student partnership program managed by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC). These academic institutions' application and admission processes are pretty comprehensive and full-scale. These colleges require more documentation in comparison to SPP colleges for visa procedures.

Difference Between Non-SPP and SPP Colleges in Canada?

Non-SPP Colleges

SPP Colleges

It Stands for the Non-Student partnership program.

It is not a link partnership between Citizenship and Immigration Canada

and the Association of Canadian Community Colleges.

The number of documentation required for visa procedures is high than in SPP colleges.

It stands for the student partnership program.

Whereas, It is a link partnership between the Citizenship and Immigration Canada

and the Association of Canadian Community Colleges.

It requires less documentation for visa procedures.

List of Non-SPP Colleges in Canada

  • Acsenda School Of Management
  • Thompson Rivers University
  • Cape Breton University
  • Fairleigh Dickinson University
  • University Canada West
  • Cambrian College
  • Mcmaster University
  • University Of Northern
  • British Columbia
  • Memorial University Of Newfoundland
  • Brock University
  • University Of Windsor
  • King's University College
  • Lakehead University
  • Royal Roads University
  • York University

How to Apply for Non-SPP Colleges Canada

Here is the application procedure to apply to non-SPP colleges in Canada: -

  1. Firstly, Select the Non-SPP college as well as the course.
  2. In the case of the application part, Applicants need to fill out the application form, scan and upload the necessary documents, and at the end, after checking all the filled information, submit the form.
  3. In a final step, pay the university's application fee as demanded by the chosen university and wait for the revert from the university's side.

Cost to Study at Non-SPP Colleges in Canada

  • The cost to study in Canada is likely between C$20,000 and C$30,000 annually to cover tuition.

Documents Required for Visa Application to Study Non-SPP Colleges in Canada

  • Firstly, The Letter of acceptance provides by the respective college.
  • For putting your feet in non-SPP colleges in Canada, the requirement of the IELTS Score sheet with a minimum 6.0 band.
  • With a minimum of 50% aggregate marks, a Bachelor's degree is required from a recognised university.
  • The school mark sheet of class 12th is mandatory from a recognized board of education.
  • Proof of earlier work experience with payslips (if any)
  • College fee transcripts are also required.
  • Proof of funds or endowment holding up family background, annual family income, and bank account details is also necessary.
  • The necessity of medical tests approved by a recognised hospital or doctor.
  • In the end, a Visa fee of $150 is also required.

Work Permit for Non-SPP Colleges in Canada

In Non-SPP colleges in Canada, the work permit norms for international students remain identical throughout. The maximum duration of work VISA depends upon the time of the course studied by the applicant in the country.

Below are a few conditions to be kept in mind:

  • Firstly, apply within 90 days of course completion.
  • Enrolment in a full-time course in Canada is mandatory.
  • The duration, of course, is more than eight months.
  • A study permit must be possessed by the applicant.

So, the above information about Non-SPP Colleges in Canada will be helpful for the candidates who are looking for an astonishing career in Canada—hoping that the article will help out to wipe all the tears of applicants who are in sort of confusion related to non-SPP colleges in Canada and their application process.

Still unclear about anything? Well, not to worry. Contact AECC Global and get your queries answered today! AECC is one of the world's leading educational consultancies with versatile expert professionals who are ready to help you with any queries you may have. Contact us so we can be of assistance to you in your journey of fulfilling your dream.

FAQs About Non-SPP Colleges in Canada

Related Posts